Shock Length and Lift Spacers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys. Currently running OME 2.5" springs with Fox IFP for a 1.5-2.5" lift. I am currently on some pretty bald 315/75r16 Duratracs that I basically just wanted to try out although I have a set of pretty fresh 285/75r16 Duratracs in my garage. I am contemplating a couple different setups. First, I am considering putting the 285s back on and leaving everything as is. Although, I really like how the 315s look on my Land Cruiser and am really tempted to purchase a new set of tires in that size. I haven't noticed much rubbing at all with my current setup as I have fender flares removed. If I run the bigger tires, I'm thinking I might want to get rid of the stinkbug. What size spacers would be a good size? Would I be able to put in spacers in the front end of my car without ruining my shocks as they are only built for a 1.5-2.5" lift? Also, I have front swaybar disconnect brackets that I haven't used yet as I need to extend my brakelines. If I chose to go with spacers, would I have to worry about overextending my shocks with my swaybar disconnected? Should I just put my 285s back on?

Although not as fun as buying new tires and suspension parts, I'd slap the Duratracs on there and enjoy the steeper gears for a while.

That'll buy you some time to decide exactly what suspension is best for you.

Is the rig already set up how you want it as far as bumpers, sliders, etc..? Is it going to be an expo build with an RTT, fridge, titanium espresso maker?

It makes a lot of sense to get the truck kitted out and then build your suspension around the actual vehicle weight.

Or you could just pick up a whole slinky kit, a brand new set of 315s, and a bunch of other fun parts. :clap:

Where's your intro post? Welcome to Mud:flipoff2:

I take the second option! Nahhh you are probably right. I almost put the 285s back on yesterday then second guessed it.

Thanks for the advise. Only running sliders right now but I am planning to pick up a front bumper from Slee in the next year or so. Probably won't ever be a super heavy rig but definitely will see some added weight. May as well enjoy the improved gearing of the 285s :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom