Bracket ID? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
D277FA7D-22FF-4118-9051-FC8916DF1514.jpeg
33C3B81F-7C46-4439-8864-5F45784835E0.jpeg
This bracket came with the 40. Obviously bolts to the thermostat housing and appears to sit on the drivers side of the engine. Any ideas what it was for? York compressor, power steering pump?

Thanks

View attachment 1710127 View attachment 1710128 This bracket came with the 40. Obviously bolts to the thermostat housing and appears to sit on the drivers side of the engine. Any ideas what it was for? York compressor, power steering pump?

Thanks

Bolts to the upper thermostat housing ?

Thats a first for me o_O

it looks as if maybe a shop-made power steering pump hanger or alternator bracket of some sort

you only paid $1000 for the thing ? - more power to you :cheers:

IMHO that has to mount somewhere else, including some other vehicle or thing. If it was mounted on the thermostat housing I can't imagine how it was sealed properly. An additional guess is the flat plate is actually the mounting surface to the vehicle (somewhere) and the round-hole-plus-fastener-holes that look like a thermostat mount is where something else was mounted to it, what I can't guess what or what for. I'm out of guesses. Have you looked for holes everywhere that might match the other holes, specifically the flat plate? Occasionally, my guesses are right. Which means 1-occasionally they aren't.

I lied. Another guess. How close do the flat plate holes match the rear bumper holes where a step or such is sometimes mounted? Ok, now I'm out of guesses.

IMHO that has to mount somewhere else, including some other vehicle or thing. If it was mounted on the thermostat housing I can't imagine how it was sealed properly. An additional guess is the flat plate is actually the mounting surface to the vehicle (somewhere) and the round-hole-plus-fastener-holes that look like a thermostat mount is where something else was mounted to it, what I can't guess what or what for. I'm out of guesses. Have you looked for holes everywhere that might match the other holes, specifically the flat plate? Occasionally, my guesses are right. Which means 1-occasionally they aren't.

I lied. Another guess. How close do the flat plate holes match the rear bumper holes where a step or such is sometimes mounted? Ok, now I'm out of guesses.
Lol. It matches the holes perfectly to the thermostat housing, which lines everything up with the pulley off the crank. Plus, there’s rust on either side of the mount like you’d expect from water.

I’m lost too and won’t be using it. Just seems decently made so I was curious of it’s use.

Maybe a mount for a snow plow hydraulic pump?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom