Increasing clearance for spare on 2007 LC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
got under the truck today and checked to see how I can decrease the amount of tire that hangs down below the bumper. Put on 285 65 18 KO2s and was going to attempt the common modification. I found that the emission canister will get in the way if I try to add spacers to raise the hanger bracket. Maybe can squeeze an inch of spacers in, but will that really do much? Is there a logical space to relocate the canister?

I guess an inch is better than nothing, but thought I would see if there was already any view on this?

Thanks,

Todd

Looks like I can put in 1" of spacer and still fit around the canister. Anyone know what size bolts I am looking for? Looks like nuts are brazed on, so I want to make sure that I get the correct size bolt and correct thread pattern.

Best regards,

Todd

IMG_3101.JPG
IMG_3103.JPG
IMG_3102.JPG
IMG_3103.JPG
Got it done. Not as much lift as I would have liked, but emissions canister got in the way. Did schedule 80 sprinkler riser around 1" long 3/8 ID By 1/2 OD steel spacers. M8 bolts 1.25 with 50MM length. Pretty straight forward install.

Looks good.

Because of my year model and canister location...I was able to get a full 1-1/2" more clearance out of mine...which brought my 285/75/16 spare a little bit above the lowest part of the receiver hitch. So its well worth doing.

Yours looks good and solid.

I have a 2006 and I cut out a section of the cross member to allow it to fit up and around the plastic canister. I wanted the increased clearance and I was also concerned about the metal cross member eventually rubbing it's way through the plastic canister.

I also installed a new spare tire hoist and I believe I used 1.25" spacers, all is well and very solid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom