spring choice and de-tuning OME's (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi All,

I have some OME's on my 42, and love the ride. I am considering prchasing a set for my 45, but really don't want the lift if i can help it.

So here are my choices:

• Stock springs are sagging a little in front, so i could have a new 3rd leaf made which would give me a bit of arch for about 130$ per side, and could remove a leaf on the back
  • Buy a set of TPI's 0'' lift for the front, about 800$ by the time it gets to me.
  • Buy a set of CS001F and CS003R, remove a leaf (3rd) all around

De tuning question:
Stock 78 , 2f, adding a bumper (60lbs) and a 8274 (100lbs?). Should i just buy a cs001f or get a cs002F and remove a leaf?

I get the sense i'm over thinking this, but in the end i dont want to spend more than necessary. Opinions from lived experience welcomed...!!! I promise i will post pics of the truck and create a thread soon...

How will you use the truck? Most Canucks use their rigs and get’em dirty— will you? Hope so!

40s ride WAY better loaded with gear, so how much gear do you carry? Firewood, fridg/Ice chest? Spare parts when wheeling? Maybe enjoy the truck for a few seasons then figure if u need to replace springs? I dunno, spend the dough on fuel having fun

HTH!

To be fair, i will drive it around town mostly, use it like a DD, and hopefully go wheeling a few times a year. I hear you on the loaded down argument, hence why i would keep the extra leaves in case I need them.

Thing is, rides like a brick right now. Me thinks it's original springs all around.

Good question.

I’ve pondered this.

I took leaves out of my OME heavy packs on my 60 to improve the ride and make it lower.

To do it over I think I would buy a set of stock springs.

I did not know TPI sold them still.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom