City Racer Lights (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Redwood

Amateur 4Wheeler/Pitmaster
Threads
just received my new lights today and wanted to show them off. DAMN these puppies are awesome. If you don’t have a set, you are missing out.

79DAD3D3-C6C9-496F-A12C-B5A6176C303A.jpeg

@Racer65 LED Headlights w/ Parking Lamps also

All 6 New Factory KIOTO old-skool style Filament style bulbs Replaced w / Super-Bright LED bulbs prior to installation of New parking lamps

DSCN3799.JPG
DSCN3801.JPG
DSCN3802.JPG
DSCN3800.JPG

AE2BCD83-8122-4DA8-990F-5BF60D82340F.jpeg

Last edited:
Thinking about ordering these headlamps from @Racer65 for my 71 40. Just was wondering if these are plug in play for the earlier model 40s as mine does not have H4 connectors? Do I haveto cut and splice the oem headlamp harness to connect to the led connector/lamps?

Thinking about ordering these headlamps from @Racer65 for my 71 40. Just was wondering if these are plug in play for the earlier model 40s as mine does not have H4 connectors? Do I haveto cut and splice the oem headlamp harness to connect to the led connector/lamps?

I don't know if the older 40s had headlight relays, but I know it is recommended that you install headlight relays if you upgrade to H4s. Not sure if LEDs are the same, though. I would assume that you would want to anyway.

Can you post a pic of your headlight wire harness connector? The pic above shows the green connector the lights come with. For my ‘76 it was plug and play.

I have them in my 73 and they are great. One of the easiest upgrades I've done on mine. If I drove it in the winter, it might be a deal breaker that they don't heat up enough to melt the snow, but our roads get treated to mag chloride- cruiser stays in garage til spring. Total plug n play for that year and a huge improvement over the stock lights. I don't have a picture of mine, but the connector looked like Matt's in this picture:
1611844008063.png

Can you post a pic of your headlight wire harness connector? The pic above shows the green connector the lights come with. For my ‘76 it was plug and play.
Here ya go.....is this a H4 connection?

16118450303994785485114796513612.jpg

16118451173043733657444599242140.jpg

I would use these .........

i can special order and have in a few days

im out of stock right now .....

1611851998113.png

I would use these .........

i can special order and have in a few days

im out of stock right now .....

View attachment 2567740
Awesome. I am sure I can cut and splice the connector on the led headlamps but this would make it cleaner and leave all the oem wiring in tact...Any idea why my 40 has this connector, is it a early 40 thing? Can you send me a link on your website or do I just PayPal ya?

HOLD the phone a second ................

you have solid bucket head lamps ?

have you taked one of your sealed old beams out yet ?

well ..............

take one out and report back photos please

i bet say ............$420 Imperial credits you have a YAZAKI 3 pin female head light socket that plugs right into racer's LED male plugs ..........

chop chop :cool:

HOLD the phone a second ................

you have solid bucket head lamps ?

have you taked one of your sealed old beams out yet ?

well ..............

take one out and report back photos please

i bet say ............$420 Imperial credits you have a YAZAKI 3 pin female head light socket that plugs right into racer's LED male plugs ..........

chop chop :cool:
I am sorry, but what!? ha... Do you want me to take grille off to remove headlamps and take pics? BTW, nice website... You have one of my youtube vidz linked in your website of 40 series assembly line

I have them in my 73 and they are great. One of the easiest upgrades I've done on mine. If I drove it in the winter, it might be a deal breaker that they don't heat up enough to melt the snow, but our roads get treated to mag chloride- cruiser stays in garage til spring. Total plug n play for that year and a huge improvement over the stock lights. I don't have a picture of mine, but the connector looked like Matt's in this picture:
View attachment 2567641
What headlight buckets are those? I need to retrofit something like that into my 11/69

I am sorry, but what!? ha... Do you want me to take grille off to remove headlamps and take pics? BTW, nice website... You have one of my youtube vidz linked in your website of 40 series assembly line
Just do it. (I have the exact same setup on my '70 so of course I want you to do it!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom