Removal of body from frame time required, roughly? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Got a lift? It's not so bad if you have one, can be done in a day without damaging anything and nothing is rusted solid.

Thanks guys. I have an LX450 and had the frame sandblasted Rust reversal theory and how to sandblast?

I am thinking of taking off body cladding and having holes welded and any other possible gremlins that might be hiding at the same time . I'm considering doing it before sending it to have motor rebuilt or head gasket fixed, which ever it turns out to be .

the quick way to get rid of all the LX holes is to buy some cruiser doors. you can pick them up pretty cheap bare and swap your guts over. so much easier than dealing with the cladding plus you can then sell your doors.

IDK who had my LX450 before me, but they used big pop-rivots & spend the big $$ to have Rhino spray the lower body (there’s a profile pic in my albums).

The rivots were hidden by how thick the liner was sprayed - as a former Rhino liner employee I was surprised how well it turned out for them.

was your interior already out? i dont see how you could have pulled that off that quick solo.

No and I had a little, help but I have done it several times, so I know it well. Solo I can do it in 3 no problem, but again I have done it several times

Can anyone roughly lay out the procedure for this? It'd be really helpful as I'm going to try to tackle this with a lift.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom