Dual filler neck restrictor (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone know where I can get a press/thread in insert like this for the dual filler neck? Or how I can remove the flap assembly in this extra neck I have and insert into the dual neck? I'd prefer not to have to cut and weld, but I will do that if I have to.
2018-05-26 14.54.52.jpg

I don't think it's a separate part. You'll probably have to weld one neck to the other. Can I ask why you need the restrictor and flap?

I don't think it's a separate part. You'll probably have to weld one neck to the other. Can I ask why you need the restrictor and flap?

Because I'm in CA and need it to pass smog inspection. I would love to be wrong on that though.

If it's one piece I don't know how it is made/assembled? I just figured it was an insert pressed in or welded or something. Regardless, if there is no easier way someone can think of I will try to cut and weld.

I’m in CA as well and asked about it during my last smog check. The tech said there is no restrictor requirement anymore, and he does not check for it. Leaded gas does not really exist, so no need.

I looked it up and that seems to be the consensus. Of course I have not smogged post dual filler yet, so YMMV, but I’m not putting one in mine.

You don't need it. I've gone through smog for years without one, and the local Smog guy says it isn't required. He doesn't want to hear about the dual tanks though, so just don't bring it up.

That whole restrictor is a bowl shaped deal and it's welded in. I had to cut mine out for a diesel nozzel.

Thanks for the input! Glad to know I don't need it, makes me have to do less work lol.

Great news buddy!

Yeah, I've passed a few smog checks without the restrictor. No worries. And, yeah, don't mention dual tanks....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom