A/C leak at compressor (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

MoJ

Threads
I lost the Freon over winter and had it filled about a month along with adding the green dye. Air is still plenty cold but obviously it’s leaking. The dye first appeared on top and slowly covered the rest of the compressor. Any thoughts on whether it’s a leaky fitting or should I replace the whole thing?

3AD4A6C2-2AA4-4404-916A-AD213CF6793D.jpeg

That is most often the manifold o-ring, it's the big rectangular-ish one in the kits, like Four Seasons 26749 or equivalent.

Thanks Tools. I’ll give that a go rather than replace it.

That is most often the manifold o-ring, it's the big rectangular-ish one in the kits, like Four Seasons 26749 or equivalent.

I’m not equipped to service AC so it costs me around $80 to get it filled which makes troubleshooting expensive if you don’t get it right the first time.

I’m not equipped to service AC so it me around $80 to get it filled which makes troubleshooting expensive if you don’t get it right the first time.
You can buy the gauge set for less than that. You can borrow all the tools from Autozone for free, last time I checked.

Thanks Tools. I’ll give that a go rather than replace it.

I’m not equipped to service AC so it costs me around $80 to get it filled which makes troubleshooting expensive if you don’t get it right the first time.

Agree...that its probably the Manifold O-ring. BUT....if it were me, I'd replace the Schrader Valves on your service ports, O-rings on both fittings and the Manifold O-ring. Get a bottle of Nylog....USE IT and you should not have leaks at those areas again.

nylog.jpg

Hi, Check price on a new compressor, With the heat on,I'd replace it and all O -rings between joints. Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom