Factory FJ40 Soft Tops, Bikini Tops, and Dusters. (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm interested in ordering both a full length bimini top and a full soft top with OEM style 7 windows in the german material. I am currently running a hard top and want to be able to put that back on in the winter.. from what I've read it looks like the design really isn't meant to support that (unless I'm missing something), is that possible?

Second question.. I currently have the factory roll bar, what is the opinion on running the Metal Tech full cage vs. the Real Steel oem style soft top bows? Will one provide a better fit than the other?

I appreciate the help. I'm ready to place the order as soon as I am clear on those two things. I've seen an early version of this top in person and love the quality and style.

Thanks.

I'm interested in ordering both a full length bimini top and a full soft top with OEM style 7 windows in the german material. I am currently running a hard top and want to be able to put that back on in the winter.. from what I've read it looks like the design really isn't meant to support that (unless I'm missing something), is that possible?

Second question.. I currently have the factory roll bar, what is the opinion on running the Metal Tech full cage vs. the Real Steel oem style soft top bows? Will one provide a better fit than the other?

I appreciate the help. I'm ready to place the order as soon as I am clear on those two things. I've seen an early version of this top in person and love the quality and style.

Thanks.
I’d say the realsteel is a better fit. I can take care of all this I order the bows from Realsteel & they drop shop to you. You need the bow kit to run the soft top. You can contact me 616-450-0145 to order and we can go over all your options . Call when you have a f

Sorry I was a little confused on question. You can run the roll cage and the bows from realsteel at the same time but you have to have the bows to run the soft top I produce. Does that help better

My bikini top (see page 1) has lasted about 4 years. The plastic used for the windshield channel is too thin, has slowly bent itself back on itself, splitting in two and causing it to dislodge to become not-a-top now. Do you guys have an improved plastic strip used for the channel over what was originally used?

I have an old Spectre bikini and that thing has some beefy plastic strips used for the channel. It is at least 2-3x thicker than the trollhole strips, but also it was designed to slot into the channel alone- not sandwiched into canvas. Just wondering if you have some thicker plastic that you use now and stock, or if you know of a good supplier so I can fix this thing.

My bikini top (see page 1) has lasted about 4 years. The plastic used for the windshield channel is too thin, has slowly bent itself back on itself, splitting in two and causing it to dislodge to become not-a-top now. Do you guys have an improved plastic strip used for the channel over what was originally used?

I have an old Spectre bikini and that thing has some beefy plastic strips used for the channel. It is at least 2-3x thicker than the trollhole strips, but also it was designed to slot into the channel alone- not sandwiched into canvas. Just wondering if you have some thicker plastic that you use now and stock, or if you know of a good supplier so I can fix this thing.
What is the thickness of the plastic strip??

About 0.5mm. The Specter top measured 2mm thick.

Here is what happens-

DSC_0007.JPG

Let's start by you providing me information on what you have, and if it is better than the original strip used in my top. You keep asking questions without actually trying to answer mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom