How low can I deflate my 285/65 R18s for offroad use? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am sure this was answered somewhere but Search didn't help me find it amongst the myriad tire pressure threads. Since a number of you run KO2s and some use them off road I thought I would get some advice on how low I can go. Not that I would push the limit. But I want to make sure I am not going too low. My normal street PSI is 42 per @gaijin. Most of my airing down will be to take the harshness out of waterboarded or bumpy roads. Maybe for traction at some point but that might be different so maybe I need to consider to different deflation points for different use cases. I have a set of Stauns and also the ARB deflator that came from Slee at last year's LCDC. And then I have used the release valve on my ARB compressor when I am not in a hurry and only dropping them a few PSI.

Advice?

Thanks, Matt. BTW, for those that don't know I run KO2s. (I should have put that in the title.)

I have 275/70/18 LT ko2. I run it as low as 15psi in Moab all day long. Air it back up to 40 on the way back to camp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom