Free custom exhaust (mostly) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Have a few salvage/scrap vans at work. some 08 chevy vans. They have 3" exhaust from the muffler back and some good bends. I pulled and cut and pieced and welded a custom tail pipe from muffler back. used the existing flange off the muffler and cut it off, then used 3" couplings to make the joints, I'm not skilled with cutting butt joints on angles... anyway, had to buy a few rubber insulators, the couplers and some cutoff wheels. so about $25 in all. Also used the 2.5 pipe on the chevy to make the first over the frame pipe from the magnaflow cat. This was a lot of fun, have never done any exhaust work before. I wanted to run up over the frame again on the exit to keep from dragging. worked out great. I will probably add a little tip to turn it down more, but couldn't weld one on because I couldn't get the pipe back in with it. Sounds awesome. Added a down turn tail pipe really quick. Edit to add pic of tail pipe

2018-05-25 14.25.42.jpg

2018-05-25 14.34.29.jpg

2018-05-25 14.26.05.jpg

20180525_173639.jpg

Last edited:
Looks good!

Nice!

Can you show a pic of the back side of the frame where you went over the first time (near the T case)? Getting ready to tackle this job myself in the next week or two.
It's a tough spot to get a pic that makes sense. I just cut of the original flange and used roughly a 90* bend from there. The 3 inch pipe is tight. About an 1/8 inch on top and bottom. That's why I added the one hanger on the rear cross member so it wouldnt bang. I also moved the bracket mount the muffler is sitting on up about and inch and welded it in place.

Screenshot_20180525-194700_QuickPic.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom