Vehicle Telemetry Systems (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Irish Reiver

GOLD Star
SILVER Star
Threads
Can any one recommended a telemetry system that can be used on a vehicle. Specifically I would like to be able to remotely monitor the voltage on both my main and second batteries.

Didnt some of the alarm companies offer that, like Viper or Clifford. Probably all those since they are DEI brands. I sure thsre are others, but for the features to do stuff with the phone you had to pay a monthly or yearly sub.

1) Remotely... from 10' or 400' or 10,000 miles?
2) Current draw... i.e. is this to monitor voltage from a vehicle that is sitting for days or weeks or ...

If you go arduino - that just a small microcontroller development board, you will need to source various add ons to interface to voltage monitoring circuitry and whatever wireless you need (depending on the answer 1) above...)

You then need to ensure that the current it draws in standby and when transmitting isn't going to impact your battery life.

i.e. a little more detail of what & why would provide you better answers.

cheers,
george.

I am looking for a solution that will let me check on battery voltages from my Samsung phone. This could be via an app or a web page. Even better would be if there was a notification when a voltage limit was reached.
I currently have an old phone which acts as wifi hotspot. It also has a tracking app installed so runs 24x7.

The arduino path looks promising but like you say, requires a bolt ons.

13C6E7B5-8DA6-4EA6-A9AB-C7D860501952.png

Last edited:
I liked the alarm system Idea because it uses a cell signal. I wanted it for my Old Dodge since I go out 2 or three weeks at a Time in my 18 wheeler, sometimes longer. The idea was to monitor the battery, and remote start it every week or so incase it got low. My brothers also would borrow the truck to move stuff, so I thought it might be cool to remotely unlock the truck and give access to a friend so they could grab a spare key and use it. Also incase someone needed to drop something off to me they could stick it in there and I could relock the truck afterwards. But I never did it for the Dodge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom