Does red wood interior=KDSS in 07-09?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I have been doing a ton of research and know that the sport models with the black graphite interior come with KDSS. But when I have been finding 07-09 models with the redish wood interior and research their VIN they say they have KDSS also. I am nervous because I have heard the VIN decoder through the clublexus site isnt always 100 percent, and I will be traveling a ways to pick this up. Any ideas?? Thanks

Here is an example

lex interior.jpg

That is standard color 08-09 model. Ask seller to send under carriage pictures. That is how I confirm mine and I have to travel 8 hours to get mine.

were there a higher number of KDSS equipped rigs that weren't sport models in 08-09?

Upon Startup, you'll also notice a KDSS light illuminate briefly on the gauge cluster. Non-Sport models are not commonly equipped with KDSS. They are out there, but not common. I cannot comment on the number of KDSS models in 08-09.

Just get a picture under the truck and look at the front lower control arms. If there is a giant sway bar bolted to the control arm it has KDSS. If it has a sway bar bolted to the spindle arm, it doesn't.

So I have been doing a ton of research and know that the sport models with the black graphite interior come with KDSS. But when I have been finding 07-09 models with the redish wood interior and research their VIN they say they have KDSS also. I am nervous because I have heard the VIN decoder through the clublexus site isnt always 100 percent, and I will be traveling a ways to pick this up. Any ideas?? Thanks

Here is an example

View attachment 1708464

That is the normal 08-09 interior. 2003-2007 have the lighter colored wood, and all Sports have black wood.

As others have said, don't trust the VIN decoder -- best bet is to get a picture of the front suspension and you'll be able to tell by looking at the front sway.

^^ Ok. I thought I was the luckiest guy in the world because I was finding a ton of KDSS rigs per the decoder!! I am waiting on some pictures right now. Thanks so much.

^^ Ok. I thought I was the luckiest guy in the world because I was finding a ton of KDSS rigs per the decoder!! I am waiting on some pictures right now. Thanks so much.

VIN decoders on the web aren't 100% accurate. When I bought my GX (flew out from Az to Houston to buy it and drive home), the ad stated it was equipped with KDSS and my independent (albeit insufficient) due diligence (also through a VIN decoder) confirmed KDSS.

Upon arrival, crawled under the rig and it sure did NOT have KDSS.....which at the time helped me trim additional $$ off the selling price and in the end didn't prove to be the "must have" I initially thought it was.

If you're shopping, be sure to register with the Lexus owner's site. You can plug in as many VIN's as you want and see full dealer-performed service history, any open recalls, and other details about the candidate rigs.

Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom