2000 LX470 shock question - and thanks (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi, new owner of a 2000LX470, would like to start off by saying thanks to the responses I got on my last post (coil issue), the diagnosis was bang on and was able use the advice, save a trip to the dealer and do some wrenching, real happy about that.

I have always wanted an LC100 or LX for over 10yrs and finally had excuse to get one as we got a boat and convinced wife that we needed this truck to pull it (although when she found out the Subaru Outback could pull our boat it almost got nixed but by then the deal was done, ha ha). Basically I have zero experience with these vehicles and outside of mine have driven only one other. I drove a 2007 LX for 5 minutes and loved the way it drove over the small bumps and potholes of city streets. My vehicle has the AHC disconnected and previous owner put on standard shocks a few months ago. I find that the ride over cracks, potholes, manhole covers, is very stiff, and am wondering if it is because of the shocks he chose. There is no brand identification outside of ''Shock discount warehouse'' written in red on the white shocks (all four). New rear springs are red. I installed brand new tires (Goodyear Fortera). I know this does not say much for identification of the issue... I prefer to have as much OEM as possible and am thinking of ordering the Toyota OEM shocks with the hopes that the ride would soften up a bid. Currently though, nose-diving and handling is actually quite good, the only negative aspect is the harsh ride over these small bumps. I guess my question would be, has anyone had any experience with this exact shock? And could a stiff shock (assuming that is what I have) cause a harsh ride, or is harsh ride more a spring or other issue?

thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom