My 2008 Tundra (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

A long drive back. I’ll get better pics tomorrow, but I stopped and snapped this one.

The shell is dark green, but looks pretty good even in the day light.

EB40458F-F03E-410A-A35D-613D2AD41134.jpeg

Also I have Sunoco gas again; Granted I did all highway driving yesterday, I’m at a little over 16 miles per gallon. It will drop a soon as I start city driving again, but if I can maintain 14 I will be happy

On Sunoco with some mixed city / highway driving I was did 297 miles @ 16.5 mpg per the dash. I’ll pull the receipt and see exactly how many gallons I put in. City driving kills the tundra mpg....

Good to see some regular maintenance on one of these. I've got a 2012 Crew Max 5.7 4x4 with Tow Package (Flex Fuel Compatible as well). Tow mirrors must have been extra, I don't have them and neither does yours. Bought mine used last December with 121k on it. I traded in my technology packed 2015 Corolla for my base model 2012 Tundra. lol.

Over 22 tanks of gas and 353 gallons of fuel I've averaged 14.9mpg. I primarily use Shell gasoline. Valero every once in a while. And a random one here and there.

I have not done anything other than change the oil at 125k, new engine and cabin air filter, and I put stock sized tires back on it. Didn't realize it had 265/70/18 on it when I bought it. Went back down to a 255/70/18. I just have steel wheels on mine.

7CD39F5C-5303-47AB-A6D0-2D89AD9399F8.jpeg

Yeah they aren’t that good on mpg. Have you seafoamed it?
Not yet, I will prob have a buddy of mine put it on a drip (he has a device that works awesome) the next time I have the opportunity. Been swamped.

Good to see some regular maintenance on one of these. I've got a 2012 Crew Max 5.7 4x4 with Tow Package (Flex Fuel Compatible as well). Tow mirrors must have been extra, I don't have them and neither does yours. Bought mine used last December with 121k on it. I traded in my technology packed 2015 Corolla for my base model 2012 Tundra. lol.

Over 22 tanks of gas and 353 gallons of fuel I've averaged 14.9mpg. I primarily use Shell gasoline. Valero every once in a while. And a random one here and there.

I have not done anything other than change the oil at 125k, new engine and cabin air filter, and I put stock sized tires back on it. Didn't realize it had 265/70/18 on it when I bought it. Went back down to a 255/70/18. I just have steel wheels on mine.

View attachment 1692204

You must be ocd like me with those stats! Haha. I’m at 18 mpg now, but I’ve been doing all backroad, country driving. Last tank stayed at 16.5 mixed city highway; last tank was Sunoco and this one is gulf.

Nice looking tundra and nice trade!

I’m not sure what I’ll do next on it. Likely the sea foam or similar cleaning.

Heck, clean the throttle body with that spray stuff. Pull the vacuum at the brake booster and suck a 1/3 - 1/2 can of sea foam per the instructions. Put the rest in the gas tank per the mix instructions. No reason to get fancy. Heck do it twice over 2 tanks of gas.

I need to do this on my gas f250. As a note to self.

@fjdemon yeah it gets a little out of hand with gas recording. I have recorded logs on my FJ60 dating back to 2011. My dad hand-wrote them in a little booklet when it was new. It's so old that it is no longer legible. I've got mine in an Excel file.

Just did some highway miles in the Tundra and got 17.4mpg. Pretty happy with that.

@fjdemon yeah it gets a little out of hand with gas recording. I have recorded logs on my FJ60 dating back to 2011. My dad hand-wrote them in a little booklet when it was new. It's so old that it is no longer legible. I've got mine in an Excel file.

Just did some highway miles in the Tundra and got 17.4mpg. Pretty happy with that.

I was up to a little over 17 mpg, hit the city traffic again now and it's slowly dropping. 16 mpg for all you have with the tundra isn't bad. I wish I lived somewhere where I could drive more than a mile without traffic.....

I read some people where getting check engine lights after seafoaming, so I just dumped in two bottles of seafoam into my truck at half a tank. I figured this would be sufficient for now.

I'm thinking about building a rear sleep/storage, platform type system.

Nice storage! Did some more highway miles over the weekend. 17.4 and 17.3mpg lol

Nice storage! Did some more highway miles over the weekend. 17.4 and 17.3mpg lol

Thanks

If I can see 16 mpg I'm ecstatic haha.

We can say all we want about MPG, but honestly I had many 22re Toyota Trucks in the past and they only got 15 MPG in town...... compare 4Runners and other vehicles and you might be surprised. To have the luxury, power, and towing capability the Tundra is very well rounded.

Now when compared to my old F350 5 Speed manual, turbo 7.3L it doesn't stack up so well lol. I get 18-19 on the highway almost every time.

Well update:

As the weather has warmed up the sound went away in the front left. I think it must be in the tire now. I have the replacement part and the puller for the needle bearing. I'll likely swap it down the road when I actually have time, but as of now the sound is gone!

is that a Craigs List Shell-Score Deal ?
It sure is! perfect fit 600 bones. I scanned and scanned for months. When this one popped up I drove up to Maryland to snag it.

My. Airy I think? You aren’t far either. I’m in Alexandria.

I'm going to list my Tundra for sale. Love it, but in D.C. it's not practical. Now that my renovations are over, it's time to get something smaller. Check the classifieds. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom