Overland Expo WEST - May 18th - 20th 2018 - Flagstaff AZ (1 Viewer)

Who is going

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Very nice! So what ideas did you get for the next set of mods for the 200?

Info overload.... too much to mention here without much effort. For the truck, definitely gears and lockers (but I realized that a Cruise Moab). The total Chaos guys said that I am unable to use their forward lower control arm skids since they will interfere with the off set of the factory wheels (bummer). I will probably go ahead and upgrade the rear LCA with the heavy duty Total Chaos.

Lots of camp ideas. It was gold to have Ali as my personal consultant as we considered all the various gadgets and trinkets.

Glad you enjoyed, I am not sure I will go to another., unless maybe I camp at the event. I did see some very cool stuff, but there was too much time just waiting for me, 1.45 hours in line to get to parking, another 30 minutes to get into the event and 45 minutes to get food.

Glad you enjoyed, I am not sure I will go to another., unless maybe I camp at the event. I did see some very cool stuff, but there was too much time just waiting for me, 1.45 hours in line to get to parking, another 30 minutes to get into the event and 45 minutes to get food.
I agree. We arrived early (7:45 am) so the parking and lines were tolerable. Ali and I both feel that camping near the event would be better (we stayed in town). Having a bike to go back and forth between camp, being able to make your own lunch at camp, resting between intense info sessions and the sort.

I really enjoyed the classes on Friday. Learned much, able to sit and rest to break it up. Great venue to touch/feel and compare. If you are interested in buying an overland camper trailer, you can't go wrong.

Last edited:
This! More information please.
Very cool stuff.

They took a marine grade pump and installed it in a military grade plastic water can. The pump/facet was a Fynspray PN WS67. They quoted $90 but the one via the link appeared to be $124. Not the cheapest way to go, but the marine pump is reliable.

After cutting off the threaded spout on the cap with a utility knife, proceed to use a 1 3/8" drill hole saw in reverse to open up the hole to receive the pump. Try to get the hole as close to the center of the cap, requiring a slight off set of the hole saw position when drilling. This allows for the pumps mount to be flush with the cap's outside diameter. Use food grade 1/2" ID, 5'8" OD hose to slip onto the end of the pump. Cut the hose intake end at an angle to avoid suction blockage during pumping. Make a gasket out of 1/8" thick gasket material to put between the pump mount and the cap. Use silicone for better seal (optional).

It allows for pull/push pumping of water while can is upright in holder. Can swing faucet out of the way when not in use. We actually ran across a woman that was using this set up to wash her hands the next day. She swore by it.

I think the Overkill campers out of Bend, OR with a slideout box is a really good use of limited space. This is the only teardrop-ish style of camper that one can sit and put their feet on the floor. Furthermore, I loved their pull out kitchen drawer. They're the only ones who gave some thought to cooking and prepping surface is a priority vs putting the sink right next to the stove. Another innovative design they have that no one else seems to have is a pass through opening between the rear galley and the main cabin. So, you can place your plates of food directly onto the dinette table from the outside. Their galley area lighting caught my eye as well.

20180519_082531.jpg

rear galley lights overkill.jpg

rear galley overkill.jpg

overkill interior bed.jpg

overkill interior.jpg

I think the Overkill campers out of Bend, OR with a slideout box is a really good use of limited space. This is the only teardrop-ish style of camper that one can sit and put their feet on the floor. Furthermore, I loved their pull out kitchen drawer. They're the only ones who gave some thought to cooking and prepping surface is a priority vs putting the sink right next to the stove. Another innovative design they have that no one else seems to have is a pass through opening between the rear galley and the main cabin. So, you can place your plates of food directly onto the dinette table from the outside. Their galley area lighting caught my eye as well.

View attachment 1705482

View attachment 1705483

View attachment 1705484

View attachment 1705487

View attachment 1705488
Hey Ash, can you post up the Overkill Camper website? I thought I would be able to find it via google but no luck. I believe these guys are just getting going and agree that this option is worthy of consideration.

Hey Ash, can you post up the Overkill Camper website? I thought I would be able to find it via google but no luck. I believe these guys are just getting going and agree that this option is worthy of consideration.
Also, I think they should have flipped the kitchen around so that you don't have to walk around it's front to gain access to the back galley.

Why the Partner. Why are you sick of the Brunton/Primus?
My experience with Primus stoves has never been good. Mostly because their piezo starters don't work half the time, and replacement parts are not available. In fact, customer service with Primus is non-existent. I bought the Brunton because it was getting good reviews at the time. Turns out they were acquired by Primus. They are cheesy, flimsy stoves.

The Partner is made in America. They are also a much sturdier product with much better assembly tolerances. Go read some of the reviews on any of the Chi-crap stoves ... Primus, Coleman, Camp Chef. The comments are universal. Like I said, the Partner is not a pretty stove, but since I'm more interested in function over form ... it works for me.

It was a good Expo! I was on the go for 9 hours on Friday. I found a front bumper for my 200 from Metal Tech and it has free shipping to boot!

Vince

I've tried to find their site w/o any luck. I'll keep trying.

Why the Partner. Why are you sick of the Brunton/Primus?

I think I've heard from someone before that the Partner stoves have a decent "turn down" ratio for simmering. As Pappy said, they're built rear well. If I had the duckets to get one for the Kamparoo, I'd go for the 22" model vs the 18" model. They can also put the gas hose connection on either side of the case, particularly handy for a camper installation.

Hey guys! It's a bit late I know. Thanks for the interest in our design. We have had numerous setbacks with the updated website. It seems as though the gals revamping the site are as picky about their product as we are of ours. I'll admit, I'm better at building campers than I am at responding to their web design questions. The new landing page should be running this Thursday just in time for the NW Overland Rally.

overkillcampers.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom