Pic Request Top of the Back Seat (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Putting my carpet back in and I can’t remember how those two black
Clips are orientated that sit on top of the seat.

Thanks!

Pic

6EEC565E-C031-44CF-BEC8-4A35F9C6D046.jpeg

your drivers side tab is broken exactly like my passenger side.
upload_2018-5-23_9-21-58.png

your passenger side
upload_2018-5-23_9-23-58.png

What are those for ? My HJ60 and HJ61 do not have them..??

they grab onto something on the bottom of the seat when it's folded forward like this
upload_2018-5-23_12-10-15.png

keeps the seat back all the way down so it stays flat. they seem pretty fragile and the hold is tenuous at best. it would be of little consequence if @Javelin just left them out. one of mine is broken exactly like his.

I know the round U shape brackets, that i also have, keep the seat down but what is the purpose of the angle shape brackets shown in the first post??
The do not show up in the EPC either. Must be something that Toyota USA build in.

Last edited:
Toyota put brackets like these on my last 60 when it went in for the rear bench recall. They held the seat belt (male) extended and attached to back of seat so you didn't have to fish it back through when you put the seat back up. I don't have a picture and my current one doesn't have them.

Those flexible plastic tabs are not necessary. Feel free to discard them. They were installed as part of a safety initiative involving the seat belts. The thought behind them (in 1980's logic) was that people would be more likely to use the seat belts if they were visable. The clips were designed to hold the lap belt partially extended when the seat bottom was reset down after being folded up. Apparently, people couldn't figure out how (or were too lazy) to use the pocket provided in the fabric of the seat back. The belts would then be hidden from view.

It didn't work then and it doesn't work now. Refreshingly, people in 2018 LIKE to use seat belts and will flip the seat bottom back up to retrieve the belts.

seat belt tab holders - awesome!! hope to get shoulder belts installed in the not too distant future. i'll be removing mine shortly.

thanks for sharing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom