Do I need Wheel Spacers (LX570)? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello,
Shopping around for aftermarket wheels on a recently purchased 2009 LX570. Current wheels are hideous 20" dubs. I've been targeting 18" TRD Tundra wheels since there are quite a few takeoffs in Denver.

Talked to a wheel outlet guy who said that I would need .5" spacers because the lug length on the LX570 is too long for an 8" width Toyota wheel. The original OEM LX570 wheel is 8.5" wide. He stated that the centercaps wouldn't fit because of the extra half inch.

Does anyone else have experience with this or recommendations for a .5" spacer? Thank you!

The wheel width doesn't have anything to do with the required stud length. I'd look for a new wheel vendor.

Thanks Ryan. Wording on my post is a bit confusing, it wasn't an issue with the wheel width but rather the inability to fit the Toyota 18x8 wheel centercaps on the LX470 studs. I'm assuming the LC200 and LX570 stud length is the same.

I have 18x8 Tundra wheels on my LX 570. Since it shares hubs with the Tundra, there is no issue here, or even potential for an issue.

For stock sizes or + 1 even there is really nothing to it. Somewhere around 34" you have to change the ahc low point, very easy to do.

Thanks Grinchy, appreciate the input. That's what I figured, but wasn't sure if I was missing something funky specific to the LX. I probably won't go bigger than 33", but have techstream in case I do.

Thanks, I assume there is a bit of a flush look with the 8" wheel.

Thanks, I assume there is a bit of a flush look with the 8" wheel.

Yea, they look great:

xbY4jQh.jpg

LNSbTNK.jpg

Those look great, that's with your 25mm spacer I assume? What tire size are you running there?

Thanks, that's a great look, I also have a black LX. Where did end up getting your spacers?

Thanks, that's a great look, I also have a black LX. Where did end up getting your spacers?

I got mine from eBay. I can’t find them now but there a ton of options. Lots of folks here swear by Slee or Bora but I’ve had no issues with the no name brand. I’ve checked torque multiple times (once for tire rotation and once for brake job) and they haven’t budged.

Usually the offsets are the same at +60 but if the offset is +50 instead you will be fine. You only need spacers when running larger tires and the tire might hit your upper control arm.

Usually the offsets are the same at +60 but if the offset is +50 instead you will be fine. You only need spacers when running larger tires and the tire might hit your upper control arm.
That is my plan , the LX wheel is +51 vs the Tundra TRD wheel at +60m which means itll sit slightly in, but the width of the Tundra wheel is 8 vs 8.5 on the LX.

Has anyone ran taller tires on the LX using Tundra wheels and had issues when rubbing on the UCA?

That is my plan , the LX wheel is +51 vs the Tundra TRD wheel at +60m which means itll sit slightly in, but the width of the Tundra wheel is 8 vs 8.5 on the LX.

Has anyone ran taller tires on the LX using Tundra wheels and had issues when rubbing on the UCA?
Stock LX wheels are +60 as well. You might need at least .75" wheel spacers depending on how big the tires are. I had 275x65r20s (34x11) before and I needed spacers otherwise the UCA would rub.

Stock LX wheels are +60 as well. You might need at least .75" wheel spacers depending on how big the tires are. I had 275x65r20s (34x11) before and I needed spacers otherwise the UCA would rub.
Thanks, thought it was 51mm. If that is the case then I will be fine. No plans to go to 34s yet, just up one aspect ratio

Yea, they look great:

xbY4jQh.jpg

LNSbTNK.jpg
I really like these wheels on your rig. They look fantastic and are cheap vs trd pro or rock warriors. Nice job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom