Buying Bilstein Shocks? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

bwalker16527

1974 FJ40 SBC V8 350 TH400
Threads
Has anyone bought any Bilstein shocks lately. I tried to buy front and rear 4600s from 4 Wheel Parts in Feb and they kept extending the target delivery date. I canceled in April when the delivery date reached July. I tried to buy in April from Summit who showed they were in stock but same thing happened now target delivery date is mid June. Does anyone have Bilstein 4600s in stock that fit 1974 FJ40?

What’s the part number of the 4600 you’re looking for?

Also, have you considered the 5100 series? They aren’t that much more per shock and in many cases are the same internally.

a few months ago I ordered bilstiens for 80. delay, delay, delay. finally got to the bottom of it and was told by 4heelparts there is a national backorder. Went with toughdogs. Amazing there is still a backorder for different vehicles.

Last month I needed two rear 5100 33-18552 in a hurry. Amazon Prime two day shipping. btw I'm soa. When ya get'em, it's recommended to cut off the rubber bellows.

What’s the part number of the 4600 you’re looking for?

Also, have you considered the 5100 series? They aren’t that much more per shock and in many cases are the same internally.
I will take a look. No one seems to stock 4600s anymore.

Decided to cancel my order with Summit for the 4600s and buy 5125s from local outfit that had them in stock. Thanks for the info.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom