Has anyone install ProVent oil catch can on 200 series Toyota LandCruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I run the Radium cans on my LC.

Do you have a photo of your installation? I have the Radium catch can too and would like to see some ideas on where to mount it. Space for a catch can is pretty limited in a 200 especially with dual batteries.

Do you have a photo of your installation? I have the Radium catch can too and would like to see some ideas on where to mount it. Space for a catch can is pretty limited in a 200 especially with dual batteries.
did you ever mount your radium catch cans? ive had mine for about a year now, and never installed it. Wondering where is a good place to mount them.

My opinion, unless there's aftermarket forced induction like a supercharger or turbo, there's no reason to put a catch can on a stock vehicle.

Even with aftermarket forced induction, the need is arguable as the engine doesn't mind in the least ingesting a bit more blow-by hydrocarbons.

Catch cans add a maintenance step in that one has to be sure to empty them from time to time. There's been cases of engine fires as people mount them in the wrong place, only to have them overfill and drip onto hot components like headers. That would be something to pay attention to in choosing a mounting position.

did you ever mount your radium catch cans? ive had mine for about a year now, and never installed it. Wondering where is a good place to mount them.

I installed it near the brake booster. Since I know space is tight in the 200 I ordered it with the petcock drain valve which I placed in the wheel well. Hassle-free draining. I have these Radium catch cans in two of my other cars and they are awesome. No maintenance issues since they have a dipstick to check the level and you can get the petcock drain valve kit. Literally takes less 1 minute to drain with it.

C06AE886-C2A5-436A-A519-3FC1440DB2FA.jpeg

My opinion, unless there's aftermarket forced induction like a supercharger or turbo, there's no reason to put a catch can on a stock vehicle.

Even with aftermarket forced induction, the need is arguable as the engine doesn't mind in the least ingesting a bit more blow-by hydrocarbons.

Catch cans add a maintenance step in that one has to be sure to empty them from time to time. There's been cases of engine fires as people mount them in the wrong place, only to have them overfill and drip onto hot components like headers. That would be something to pay attention to in choosing a mounting position.

I beg to differ. In my other car with aftermarket forced induction, I can fill the catch can after a single track day. In my factory turbodiesel 80 series, the turbo was coated in oil when I got it. The catch can fixed that. There is a need for it.

Guess I should clarify. Most owners on this board have the 5.7L gas motor which IMO doesn't need a catch can.

Diesels are another beast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom