Pricing/value question (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all, I used to be a lot more active on the forum but since our family has grown, fatherhood has taken more time...

I have been going back and forth on selling my '85 with h55 swap, but have come to the point of realizing that even if I put a 3rd row of seats in it (we have 5 kids now), we won't be able to carry all the stuff we need for camping with this size family. I batted around the idea of a small trailer, but it seems like something more like a Suburban is what we really need. This one is going to hurt, purcased in 2010 are 200k, when we had one kid and intended to give it to him someday.

So, I need help. I've been out of the loop and am not sure what all to do to her before sale or what is a reasonable asking price. Here is the quick rundown...

2F desmogged
H55 5 speed swap
OME 2.5" with OME shocks
Dual batteries
In the last few years I've done:
New aluminum radiator
Tie rod ends
Front axle service
Diff fluids (synthetic)
Trans/tcase fluids (synthetic)
Valve adjustment, valve cover gasket

It runs well, starts well, good oil pressure, overall in good shape. I would not hesitate to drive across the country once tires are replaced. Does 65-70 comfortably, 75 if asked. It's gone from CO to IA, round trips from ID to IA, up to Glacier, etc and always done great.

AC is 134 converted and works fine but not amazing (though no worse than most converted systems I have seen).

Some rust, pictures below. Pretty much just in the rear wheel wells. Rain gutters are good.

A couple dents, it was a camping and mild wheeling rig. I love the patina, but the faded paint is obviously a negative for most people.

Tires are done. Driver's seat is worn but not terrible. Tint has peeled in a couple spots. Leaks a little oil but nothing major. One crack in the windshield.

I'm planning on a deep clean, carpet and seat shampoo, etc before listing, as well as replacing a broken tail light lens, bumper end caps, etc.

It runs great but is probably due for plugs, wires, cap/rotor.

What would you do to get it ready to sell, and what would you ask for price?

Thanks a bunch!
Eric

IMG_20180521_204626.jpg

IMG_20180521_204631.jpg

MVIMG_20180521_204322.jpg

MVIMG_20180521_204342.jpg

MVIMG_20180521_204403.jpg

More pics. Is it worth trying to do something about that door skin?

MVIMG_20180521_203348.jpg

MVIMG_20180521_203437.jpg

MVIMG_20180521_204238.jpg

MVIMG_20180521_204245.jpg

MVIMG_20180521_204610.jpg

Last edited:
Have you seen the thread
Delta Vehicle Systems wants your 60, and they are located in Boise. I’ve seen a lot of 60s in Boise on Craigslist list around the $6,000 mark. Unfortunately I see cancerous rust. I’d hookup with @Delta VS and help them get a 60 so they can help us with product.

6 to 8k as is. Looks like mostly cosmetic issues. 10-12k if all the cosmetics cleaned up including body work/paint tires etc.

Good idea to steam clean the carpet and the seats. I'd also spend a few dollars and replace the pedal pads, get some end caps for the bumpers, remove the tape on the side of the headlight door and get some screws/clips and straighten them. Remove the cheap fog lights from the bumper. Get a new tail light lens. Try to source a used drivers door card. Good luck with the sale.

Is that a crack in the windshield? You'll need to replace that so it can pass state inspection.
Thanks for the input above! It is a crack. It's also desmogged, as we don't have inspection where I'm at (south central ID). I'm sure that lowers value as well as a lot of buyers are not in the same boat as me.

OME +
H55 +++
Rust through body panels - - - -

Without the rust I’d venture $10k to $12k. With rust $6k to $8k seems plausible.

5k. You have serious quarter panel rust and it's starting to show up on the inside of the doors. It's safe to assume there is some on the tailgate and even more that remains unseen. Points for the OME and H55 but rust is something that'll haunt this rig forever without putting serious money in it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom