Problems with alignment after lift (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
As the title suggests, after my local shop put an Icon Stage 1 lift on my truck they can't get it to align properly.

We also added wheels and tires, but I wouldn't think that should change any of that.

The shop said I needed to add control arms now to allow for proper alignment. They feel bad, so they won't charge me for the labor...

Does this make any sense? Also, I want to say it was new Lower Controll Arms he suggested needed to be changed.

Thoughts?

You do not need new lowers, would need new upper control arms. SPC or Total Chaos. Seems like most guys can get away w/out them if 2" of lift or less. After that they are needed.

This is the same shop that said 285/70/17s wouldn’t fit right? I’d find another shop like I said in the last post. You definitely don’t need LCAs and it’s unlikely but certainly helpful to get adjustable UCAs. I’d suggest finding a place with experience working on the 200 because this isn’t as simple as working on a Jeep or Ford.

Now I've got more info.

Its apparently the camber bolts that are not moving enough to allow for the proper alignment.

So it's not the control arm issue. It's a seized bolt. Maybe this is because it's a northern truck. But no visible rust..

I had similar experience a few weeks ago after my Tough Dog lift. Seized lower bolts (known issue) so they couldn’t adjust. They got the alignment very close but just outta range on the caster. Camber and toe in spec. For me it’s been fine so far I don’t notice any issues steering wise and with just caster off I shouldn’t have any excess tire wear. My shop suggests even bough the issue is the lower arm bolts that I’d be better off changing upper arms as the upper arms give them much more % of adjustability compared to lower. Also upper is less expensive. It’s on my list at some point but as it feels fine I’m just going with it as is for now. I believe total chaos also makes a lower replacement bolt and sleeve kit you might want to look up

This topic has me curious. I had an OME (2700/2721, Nitrocharger Sport) upgrade/lift done by Slee on my 2016. The one significant change on alignment is that the caster is at ~4 degrees. Camber and toe are within spec (camber ~ 0 and toe 1.3mm on one side and 2.1 on the other) per my most recent visit to the Toyota dealer. The 4 degree camber is intentional by Slee.

How do the rest of you run?

This topic has me curious. I had an OME (2700/2721, Nitrocharger Sport) upgrade/lift done by Slee on my 2016. The one significant change on alignment is that the caster is at ~4 degrees. Camber and toe are within spec (camber ~ 0 and toe 1.3mm on one side and 2.1 on the other) per my most recent visit to the Toyota dealer. The 4 degree camber is intentional by Slee.

How do the rest of you run?
This is where mine is at, also done by Toyota. Camber is 1st two lines, Caster is lines 3 and 4.

AC21C8FE-E8E6-4058-AA2B-CB70EE828072.jpeg

Thanks guys.

I was assured on this board that it was my shops fault...

Any recommendations for aftermarket LCAs?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom