1 more passenger in the third row. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 1996 LX450, 5 kids two dogs and a trailer... I was curious if anyone has ever added a belt to the middle row, I imagine I could use a lap belt much like the one in the second row and attach it where the belt clips attach, in the center of the third row, The kids are all in 5 Point harnesses and weigh collectively 150lbs, they will obviously grow.

If a belt hasn't been added can the third row from a 100 series be fitted, as it seats 3?

All this is to clear room for my Mother in law so she can tag along on our expeditions through Idaho.

I'm pretty sure my 94' has a lap belt for the 3rd row. If someone else can't confirm I can dig the seats out of the closet to look.

Possibly swap over the seats/belt from a 94 model? I wonder if there are any differences.

Find the 94 and older 3rd row seats and you will get what you are after.

Yes, this can be done. I have a 1997 LX, and did it by swapping both seats out with an early 90's 80-series. I went this route because I was missing both seats and was re-doing the interior at the same time. I imagine that you can just add the middle belt to the 96/97 seat, but not entirely sure.

If you do choose to do it, be warned that the buckles and latches are different on the 91-94 seats than they are on the 96/97 (dunno about 95). The left and right latches that are attached to the 91-94 seats are different than the shoulder harness buckles on the 96/97, so they don't latch. I had to replace the 91-94 latches with 96/97 latches so that everything worked.

I did it to my 96 years ago. Found a lap seat belt from a wrechers yard and took 3rd row seat apart and able to add it in
Worked fine for small kids

Hmm, my 94 does not have a middle belt.

I just got an extra middle second row belt and put in in the third row years ago - easy. I used original bolt, but if you are worried about it, you could go out and buy one slightly longer to account for the extra belt (or shorter, given your circumstances...)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom