Clutch Gremlin (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi guys

I just started having a strange issue with my clutch. It seems the longer I keep clutch depressed the shorter the travel out to engage gears. I tested this out a few times and same result. Also I depressed clutch and held for say 30-45 seconds and had to stall it to get out of gear. Otherwise truck drives fine just can't leave clutch depressed for to long.

Mostly stock 73fj40 3speed.

Thanks for any advice
BTBUILD

Have you checked the slave rod? You may need to add a few turns to the adjuster nut.
Yes I have checked the the rod and nut for correct adjustment. Clutch engages fine. The longer clutch is depressed the sooner it engages when I let it out. Weird....

You likely have a leaky seal in your master cylinder. When you step on the pedal, it activates the slave cylinder, but the fluid leaks past the mc piston, allowing the slave cylinder to retract.

You likely have a leaky seal in your master cylinder. When you step on the pedal, it activates the slave cylinder, but the fluid leaks past the mc piston, allowing the slave cylinder to retract.
I will check that today. Thanks for the advice.

Look for fluid around the boot on the slave cylinder.
It could be leaking back in the master but of the cars I have had with hydraulic systems the slave always leaked first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom