Recommendation for LED Light Bar in 2017 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi guys,

I'm thinking about buying a 30-inch light bar to mount on my JK's hood, and wanted to get everyone's opinion on some options:

1. Rigid Adapt: Looks pretty cool and I like that they can change the beam pattern instantly. Looks kind of expensive though.

2. Rigid RDS: Curved bar should give a wider beam pattern and help with visibility?

3. Rigid E-Series: I keep reading that Rigid makes the best lights. This looks like a way to get some Rigid lights without breaking the bank.

4. People often compare Rigid's stuff to lights made by Baja Designs and Vision X. Anybody have any experience with those brands lights? Are they better or worse than Rigid lights?

5. I saw in a bunch of older forum posts that people are liking stuff made by Aurora (the website looks kind of crappy and makes me worry about the quality of their lights), Lifetime LEDs, and Black Oak. I know all three of those companies are on the cheaper end. If anyone has actually had experience with any of these lights and Rigid's stuff (or comparable lights like Baja or Vision X), how do these cheaper lights bars compare?

I want to buy the best, but I also don't want to spend a fortune if there isn't a noticeable difference. I’d really appreciate your thoughts on the options listed (or throw out some alternatives if I missed any!).

Thanks for the help, guys!

I'm not much of an expert but I have a buddy who has a Rigid. He doesn't think it was worth it as it whistles really bad and was crazy overpriced. I have one from rhino industries which I bought online at www.rhinoind.net. It wasn't the cheapest but it is super nice.

I run a 20" HyperSpot on my DD. It's stunning and blows anything I've ever used out of the water.

I recently put on an E-series Rigid bar. Seeing as this is the first bar I have ever used, I was quite impressed at the difference in the desert last time out. The headlights on high just sort of fill in the near field terrain

kc gravity 30 in bar they are sick

Most of the jeep owners I know have a 20inch LED bar on the hood and not 30inch.

consider Baja Designs as well...... amazing output.

^^^^^
I installed a 40" Aurora (spot & beam combo) on the roof of my 77 Series. There was a significant amount of reflection from the hood and the brush bar mounted antennas glowed like nuclear waste.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom