Rear Door Window Help - Need someone to make a template (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.fj55landcruiser.com
I am remaking my glass with "tinted glass" and the glass shop I was using went out of business suddenly and accidently scrapped my rear door glass and fixed 1/4 glass I provided for them to take measurements.

Does any Pig Farmer have a set of rear door glass panels out of the door that they would be willing to trace and make template for me?

I can paypal you money for TIME + POSTAGE or send you mailing tube with return postage and some swag. PM me if you can help out.

So I'm clear, you need both the fixed and roll up glass in the rear doors. I believe I have a stack of glass in the shop, just need to get it down, problem is I don't have the right paper to trace such a large piece, might have to buy some from the store, meaning it might take a day or so until I get there.

Here you go, pulled them down and my Wife found some paper, let me know...

IMG_3523.JPG

Man what a great support group for our habit!

We have to stick together, nobody else will listen to our ramblings on the workings of a tailgate or if we can tap a hole in a inner door part, what weather stripping is best, etc. I have about 2 minutes talking to my Wife about such dilemmas before her eyes glaze over. :)

Thank God for the Sty! :beer:

PM me.[/QUOTE]
Here you go, pulled them down and my Wife found some paper, let me know...

View attachment 1699662
Ron,

Sent you a private email with details and some questions.

Here is a pic of my FJ 55. Yup it is the "dreaded green" two tone.
Almost a 15 year labor of love (and hate) but drivable in next 90 days.

Thanks, Steve

FJ55-2018.jpg

I have about 2 minutes talking to my Wife about such dilemmas before her eyes glaze over. :)

Thank God for the Sty! :beer:

Does she smile and say, "That's nice dear."?

I saw a great book on communicating with women the other day.
Actually, it was more like a pamphlet.
It was titled "And Then What Happened?" :)

Happy Mother's Day to all the Pig Moms out there...

Hey Guys,

Are the rear windows all the same through out the years? This glass is out of a 71. I know the fronts are different, but not sure about the rear doors.

Pablo, I just get a blank stare back at me! :)

Hey Guys,

Are the rear windows all the same through out the years? This glass is out of a 71. I know the fronts are different, but not sure about the rear doors.

Ron, My pig is a '69 but I switch the front doors out to later model. The rears are the original '69 doors so a 71 should be fine.
Thanks for all the help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom