FJ55 Pedal Ratio (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.fj55landcruiser.com
Can anyone tell me what the PEDAL RATIO of the Fj55?

My PIG is at the shop and I am trying to calculate what Brake booster/Master cylinder will work with my font Disc (Dana 44) and rear Drum (Chevy 12 bolt)

Does your Pig have a booster? If so, I’ve used Toyota boosters for every combo axle there is. Toyota and Dana.

A great master is a non ABS 1992 FJ80 master.

and a 4runner booster circa 88-94. that window may well be much larger, too...I currently run a 4runner booster with 4 runner check valve-inverted- an fj60 master and prop valve, fj55 front disc axle and an fzj80 rear disc axle. stops on a- well, pretty quick...

I plan to swap to the fj80 master before long...

mine is a non abs 80 series booster and master to 95 4runner calipers front and 120 series full float calipers in the back

Thanks to everyone for detailing the options they are running on their Pigs.
I decided for convenience and "new" factor to go with a summit Brake Booster/Master Cylinder for GM kit.
Corvette Style reservoir with proportioning valve for front DISC/REAR DRUM systems for $203.00.
1.125" Bore so hopefully pedal feel will be nice.

and a 4runner booster circa 88-94. that window may well be much larger, too...I currently run a 4runner booster with 4 runner check valve-inverted- an fj60 master and prop valve, fj55 front disc axle and an fzj80 rear disc axle. stops on a- well, pretty quick...
Hey Crusher, Hope all is well. Did you need a spacer for the 4runner Booster? Also, were there any additional mods completed with mating the 60 MC?

I just recently put in a City Racer booster, which I don't know what it comes out of, but it comes with a spacer. Super easy install. Then the usual non-ABS 80 series master for the Toyota front discs and Monte Carlo rears.

I just recently put in a City Racer booster, which I don't know what it comes out of, but it comes with a spacer. Super easy install. Then the usual non-ABS 80 series master for the Toyota front discs and Monte Carlo rears.
Pig Head, what’s up foo?!?

I did see the cityracer replacement, and it does appear like a viable option, however the 4Runner booster also intrigues me as well. I found one on rock auto for more that $100usd less than the 55 racer unit, and it’s a bonafide advics product to boot! Also, I’m American and prescribe to trickle down economics, so if I can save resources for a sweet radio or rhino liner. (Only joking.)

(ps, apologies for hijacking the thread, better than starting a new one, right foos?)

Hey Crusher, Hope all is well. Did you need a spacer for the 4runner Booster? Also, were there any additional mods completed with mating the 60 MC?

I did use the oem spacer for that booster- -as found on the donor rig. You will need the inline check valve and hoses and have to mount the booster upside down. Only mods I had to do to run the foreign mc was calibrate the rod gap, and use the oem prop valve associated with the master. An adjustable aftermarket prop valve works, too. Fzj80 master is still to come.

Inverted check valve b/c of rear disc?

I plan to swap to the fj80 master before long...

Tell us more! Why the change from 60 MC?

Tell us more! Why the change from 60 MC?

Yeah! Why, foo?!

62A8D162-5D7F-4DFF-B5FF-AADA427C825C.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom