For Sale Clean 2008 LC - Still for Sale! OMG: 23K (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Recently purchased a new LandCruiser and thought I'd want to hold on to both. Now I have them, it seems a bit unnecessary, so letting the 2008 go. Super clean, has been a great vehicle.

Details & Photos further below in thread:

Last edited:
Took it to my mechanic over the weekend to have the frame wire wheeled and sprayed with a clear film like fluid film. He wouldn't even do it as he said it was actually clean (cleaner than most he's sees) and that I was being crazy. Come and take a look if you're in the market. Truck is solid.

Some updates:
- Recently (last week) had to replace the fuel pump, module and power steering wheel module: $1300
- Have been car shopping, but not crazy about anything. Going to hold out for private party sale, or until I find something that I'd like to trade against.

New price: $23,600 (Firm - this time I mean it!)

This is a good deal on a solid car. Come and get it.

Great truck From a great seller. I’ve communicated with him and the truck would be mine if I could figure out the logistics (I am in Tennessee). Would encourage anyone remotely interested to reach out to him.

Great truck From a great seller. I’ve communicated with him and the truck would be mine if I could figure out the logistics (I am in Tennessee). Would encourage anyone remotely interested to reach out to him.
Just drive! I’m mid way thru my Detroit to SoCal drive with my new LC!

Care to trade for a well outfitted 2011 Tacoma with 89k miles?

Dang. Nice truck. Might be in my driveway if not for the rust. Might not be that bad I’m just familiar dealing with rust. I’m a Southerner. GLWS.

Rust? That's nothing and can be completely taken care of since it hasn't started to peel/crack.

Man, you and your fear of rust! Hah.

There is a line to be drawn from superficial to problematic rust and this isn't even close to venturing to the state of being an issue.

Nice 200...

...Let me ask my wife a question. PM may be coming your way.

Two other details:

1. KDSS VALVES: Few guys were concerned with the KDSS valves.
- Both KDSS hex heads turn by hand, smoothly with ease.

2. COLD BOX: in the paperwork there's mention of the cold box not working. The lady that owned it prior to me probably complained to the dealer that she couldn't make ice cubes in here or something else utterly ridiculous. Tried it for the first time today and it absoutely works (and instantly). Here's a little video with my digital BBQ thermometer:

Dropbox - IMG_8197.MOV

It's the dumbest LC add-on. You put all your junk in there and that's that. I mean seriously, what are you going to put in here? Shrimp cocktail? Capri sun juice boxes? Regardless, it works.

Now that the KDSS valves are confirmed ok and the Juice box is chilly, someone's gonna get a great truck soon...

Last edited:
I mean seriously, what are you going to put in here? Shrimp cocktail? Capri sun juice boxes? Regardless, it works.

Until you've done Hells Revenge or Top of the World in Moab with crunchy cold shrimp cocktail in your center console, you have no room to talk sir! :hillbilly: Great price - this thing will be gone soon.

Two other details:

1. KDSS VALVES: Few guys were concerned with the KDSS valves.
- Both KDSS hex heads turn by hand, smoothly with ease.

2. COLD BOX: in the paperwork there's mention of the cold box not working. The lady that owned it prior to me probably complained to the dealer that she couldn't make ice cubes in here or something else utterly ridiculous. Tried it for the first time today and it absoutely works (and instantly). Here's a little video with my digital BBQ thermometer:

Dropbox - IMG_8197.MOV

It's the dumbest LC add-on. You put all your junk in there and that's that. I mean seriously, what are you going to put in here? Shrimp cocktail? Capri sun juice boxes? Regardless, it works.

Now that the KDSS valves are confirmed ok and the Juice box is chilly, someone's gonna get a great truck soon...

pm 'd you yesterday

Truck is still for sale.

A guy came to look at it today and found a hairline crack in radiator up at the top. Also said engine bay was too rusty (it is not). He drove up in a 2017 LC, so maybe his expectations were too high for a 2008 LC. We also determined that the windshield was replaced at some point previous to me owning the truck. There's no leaks, it's bone dry.

I took these photos and videos a few minutes ago to show his findings (cracked radiator and (non) rusty engine bay)

Radiator crack Video: Dropbox - Video May 16, 3 29 51 PM.mov

Engine bay photos: engine bay

I can't hold it for anyone, first dude that shows up with the money gets the truck. I can't find anything at toyota, but tempted to just trade at this point and lease something. Will give it just a little more time.

There's no rust in the engine bay other than the bull**** things you see, which can be easily removed with a fingernail.

Price is firm at 23.6k -- not budging off price.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom