Quick vacuum routing check (pics inside) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Can someone check this routing for me:

1) there is a T coming off some can and goes into the 2 places circled. The connection at the fender valve is on the bottom connection:

50de876a-e7c9-45d5-afa8-96b8e188019d-jpeg.1686993

2) top connection of that same valve on driver fender washer box goes to the firewall unit with the red arrow in pic below:

1a1c7290-baac-48c1-9a6a-d85a11e85ed8-jpeg.1686995

50DE876A-E7C9-45D5-AFA8-96B8E188019D.jpeg

1A1C7290-BAAC-48C1-9A6A-D85A11E85ED8.jpeg

I connected the port from the HAI diaphragm to the nipple under the air cleaner on the passenger side, not into the HIC valve. Is that incorrect then? What goes into the nipple under the air cleaner?

The HAI vacuum hose connects to the HIC valve screwed into the air cleaner housing. The larger nipple on the HIC valve connects to the tee fitting above the PCV valve (using 6mm hose).

Sometimes previous owners alter & jerry rig the vacuum hose routing to compensate for a malfunctioning whatever. Although your vacuum hose routing previously was wrong according to the FSM, the hookup might have been a band aid to fix some other problem- like maybe a vacuum leak somewhere

If the vac hose w green arrow is connected to the HIC valve under the air cleaner cover ... It looks right from here.

image.jpeg

Looks correct to me, is the carburetor sightglass showing fuel at the halfpoint?

MATT already provided the illustration above how to hook up that system. Here's a better scan. The drawing is better than a picture.
The tee fitting above the PCV valve routes a 6mm vacuum hose to the bigger nipple on the HIC valve.

image.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom