Stock LC suspension or OME for a LX470 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
If I decide to replace the AHC system on my 2000 LX470 should I go with the stock LC stuff or the OME 1 1/2" medium suspension? If stock LC then what are all the part numbers I need to buy? I would also like to level the truck out some. Hate the raked look!

I'm putting on 20" Tundra BBS wheels, 1 1/4" spacers, and probably going with a 305/55/20 tire

Not looking at any real off roading but would like something a little firmer then this mushy Lexus ride. I was used to driving my Ford Excusrion for years.

Seems like people have had mixed experiences with OME shocks on a truck without extra weight from accessories, saying they can be a little harsh for daily driving. 20" wheels won't be helping either ;). You might also consider checking out Bilstein HD 4600 or Fox IFP shocks as they're in this price range ($300-500 for all 4 corners).

Seems like people have had mixed experiences with OME shocks on a truck without extra weight from accessories, saying they can be a little harsh for daily driving. 20" wheels won't be helping either ;). You might also consider checking out Bilstein HD 4600 or Fox IFP shocks as they're in this price range ($300-500 for all 4 corners).

I hated the OME shocks on my stock-weight rig. I had the 60000 and 60002 which were for stock/light-loaded vehicles. There is a firm truck-like ride, and then there is just plain HARSH, and these were the latter.

The improvements in handling weren't worth my back going out of alignment everytime I drove to work... I had them on for a month and then pulled them out and replaced with all new OEM with upgraded springs in the rear. I'll be putting them up for sale one of these days...

Search in other threads for complete OEM parts list, shocks are cheap but hardware is expensive.

Last edited:
If I decide to replace the AHC system on my 2000 LX470 should I go with the stock LC stuff or the OME 1 1/2" medium suspension? If stock LC then what are all the part numbers I need to buy? I would also like to level the truck out some. Hate the raked look!

I'm putting on 20" Tundra BBS wheels, 1 1/4" spacers, and probably going with a 305/55/20 tire

Not looking at any real off roading but would like something a little firmer then this mushy Lexus ride. I was used to driving my Ford Excusrion for years.

Coming from an Excursion, you will be fine with the OME shocks. I don't mind them with my 2.5" lift. I actually liked the feel.

Whatever you do, don't use Bilsteins, they have a terrible rep around here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom