Rear Seat Parts Question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

bluehawk

Appalachia Cruisers
Threads
Is there any type of plastic or rubber piece that goes on the latch and other part pictured?
IMG_20180426_144330788_LL.jpg
IMG_20180426_144351922_LL.jpg

There is a plastic bushing/cap that goes on the pivot shown in the top photo.

Yea, the top bushing is NLA, been meaning to measure mine and remake...maybe I will actually do it now.

The second picture does not actually have a bushing, but in the latch thats on the body, a rubber bumper acts as the bushing/cushion to keep the latch silent. This is also NLA, so you would have to either find another latch and take the bumpers off or put a piece of rubber hose where the bumper usually goes.

Yea, the top bushing is NLA, been meaning to measure mine and remake...maybe I will actually do it now.

The second picture does not actually have a bushing, but in the latch thats on the body, a rubber bumper acts as the bushing/cushion to keep the latch silent. This is also NLA, so you would have to either find another latch and take the bumpers off or put a piece of rubber hose where the bumper usually goes.
Yeah I need to find a source for those rubber bumpers for the latch. Maybe a little piece of rubber tubing slid over the end?

Yeah I need to find a source for those rubber bumpers for the latch. Maybe a little piece of rubber tubing slid over the end?

Yea thats the play usually. I found a couple spare latches and stole the bumpers off them. I ran rubber hose over the latch initially and it worked until I got the replacement bumpers.

Thanks guys for the replies. Gonna check around and see if any of my used parts guys have any of these pieces.

That reminds me, been meaning to throw some tubing on my rear seat to quiet things down.

Anyone have a picture of the oem part?

Mine wore through and was driving me nuts. I had a gutter spike that had a plastic sheath so I cut that to fit and split the sheath on one side to slip over. No more noise. Here is what I used.

E1D70289-C79F-4176-9BC2-29817A7F40E3.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom