Builds Skips FJ 35 BUILD (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi peeeps just got my wheels back from Stockton Wheel. Started with 16” splits and had them put 17”X8” barrels on. Same as Cyclo-Steve did with his, I am stoked. I have 5 rims also got one from Whitey TNX bud, all pretty and sandblasted ready for powder coating

3E323683-56A4-4A5D-925D-111B9000E75E.jpeg
We here you go after a long wait that was worth it 4x4 labs is getting to my roll cage in the very beginning stage but it will be don e by next week I will keep you posted on the progress

E034CCB5-2CFD-4173-BEAE-2E2FEDC5D073.jpeg
E034CCB5-2CFD-4173-BEAE-2E2FEDC5D073.jpeg
Hi peeps my frame came home today from 4x4 labs, TNX Luke
Now I can start the assembly of the springs and axel assemblies. Georg at Valley in Stockton is installing new ring and pinions front and rear on Harrop lockers in the Rough Stuff housings. Been a long time and $ but worth waiting for. By the end of the week or first of next my roll cage will be done and I can bring the tub home, and it will start looking like something.

Got my 60 box from West Texas Offroad and mounted today with new hardware, very good service and quick with sending it way south. Had it rebuilt and ported for hydraulic assist later. Was going to get the springs mounted and found out I will need to get some bushing machined from my friend Gerald a small job but while it is apart need to do it right. The 60 box looks good sitting there things are finally moving forward.
D459F91B-4429-4898-B184-FB8888C7840F.jpeg

552AD297-46E9-4360-9E34-2B933B8041D6.jpeg
569245C7-0AB1-4015-8A82-AFCECA3B07B1.jpeg
569245C7-0AB1-4015-8A82-AFCECA3B07B1.jpeg
Got my 2 set of 5 wheels today. One set are 17” and that is for my 35. The other set are 16’s and are for my 45. Both were done in gray metallic and from the color chip it was a close match to the Toyota gray however it had a bit more silver metallic than I hoped for.
Anyhow the job is top drawer and fits the bill just fine for me. Check off another thing done. The first rim has a 17” barrel center is from split rims, the second is 16” barrel and will go on my 45. Now the job of deciding on tires another job in it self. 33” on the 45 and 35”s on the 35 both will be narrow, I like the look.

Looks great Skip, had a cage in my big green 45 with the same grab bars! They are so nice to have getting in and out, and a great oh s*** bar!!

Just herd from Georg at valley.
When I return from a business trip from Montana in about two weeks rearends front and rear along with the trans and T case will be ready for pick up. They will slide right under the spring over set up now ready. Front springs are 60 rears, and the rear springs are Chevy 63’s oh Lordy I am a happy boy.

In the above pic is my M 303 pump. It will go on my 606 it has 7.5 MM elements along with the
EU diesel pump who also rebuilt it. Great people to deal with across the pond. He uses Diesel Meken custom elements. Also coming is a super HX30W a quick spooling turbo well into its boost at 1600 rpm, great for us rock crawlers. As soon as it comes in I will post pics and go into it deeper. This turbo is hard to find and it came out of Canada.

I don’t think most people can appreciate the enormous number of hours of labor, dollars and incredible commitment it takes to do what you’ve done. Unbelievable! Hats off to you!
Ya it does take countless hours and big amounts of $ however I would like to see where it’s goes instead of going to the bar or other forms of burning it up. I do enjoy the time I spend doing this stuff only wished I had more of it.
TNX for the compliments.

View attachment 1724266 Starting to lay out and get measurements for the floor. First need to get the right height as it sets now I am about 1.5” low easy fix as the brackets below are not welded yet. However need to get the foundation right or no cegar to coming out right. Bed will be aprox 68” long and stock all other measurements.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom