School me on a 200 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Xpnsv72fj

SILVER Star
Threads
Hello everyone,

Well I have the chance to add to my LC fleet and would like to get some opinions from the experts. I already have a 40 and a 100 but I don’t know all that much about the 200 in terms of things to look out for. So a little back ground on me, run a Toyota dealership in VA and we took this one in on trade which is the same way I got my 100. This vehicle would replace my wife’s 4Runner which was my vehicle of choice before falling in love with LC’s.

Now for the details on the 200, it’s a 2011 with 125k, it has good service records and the PO seems to take care of it mechanically. It does need a really really good bath and will take a good amount of cleaning. One of my only concerns is that it was involved in an accident back in 2012 but I will have my body shop look it over before I pull the trigger. Now for the money, I can buy it for 18k which is way back of any book value, the OP was willing to take that because of the accident.

A114D9C3-6D73-4586-99F3-82FDC2645F1E.jpeg
4CF6754F-4ECB-46EC-AFE8-AB90E4C4093C.jpeg
241B5293-8DCA-4869-8BEB-C142121F48B3.jpeg
37FA2EE2-5AD8-4D3E-9181-59C0EB31AC50.jpeg

Thanks Josh

Lol I actually like the white letters out I know it’s a love hate thing! I will say I was pretty disappointed with the tires. BFG are my tires of choice but this is my first experience with KO2 and they are cupping pretty bad. They are pretty noisy so if I do this they will most like end up on my 100.

I would definitely interrogate the previous owner on the accident, see if there is any paperwork. But that is a smoking good deal!

The guy we got it from is the second owner so he’s no help on the accident. He’s owned it for 4 years now and said he’s never had any issues.

With your own body shop people and the fact that it's fine now 6 years later, I would not be to worried. Wonder if the previous owner ran the tire pressure to low for a light truck tire, I bet the used 32 psi like the OEM P rated tire's are run. For what your buying it for get the new LT tire you like and run it at the LT recommended pressure for a LC. You can find the correct PSI on this site. I think it's great we have a Toyota Dealership GM on the site.

Cupping on those tires is unusual, maybe it's related to the accident?

Cupping on those tires is unusual, maybe it's related to the accident?

Could be but the tires are fairly new.

They've prob been run too low for too long. Run at 41psi cold. Took my truck in for alignment and when I got it back they set my KO2s down to 30psi, I said wtf?! And had them adjust to correct pressure.

Killer deal!

Buy it and sell it to me!

200 makes you forget the 100. Trust me I know from experience. Need to jump start my 100 every month or so.

That is a great deal. It’s got Rock Warrior wheels on it, it was obviously cared for by the last owner. The K02s should not wear like that or be noisy, definitely something wrong with those. Like others said, probably wrong air pressure. My 275/55/20s require 46psi for my LX570.
Do it!
Check for water pump, radiator and starter replacement as those are the weak points on these vehicles.

Hello everyone,

Well I have the chance to add to my LC fleet and would like to get some opinions from the experts. I already have a 40 and a 100 but I don’t know all that much about the 200 in terms of things to look out for. So a little back ground on me, run a Toyota dealership in VA and we took this one in on trade which is the same way I got my 100. This vehicle would replace my wife’s 4Runner which was my vehicle of choice before falling in love with LC’s.

Now for the details on the 200, it’s a 2011 with 125k, it has good service records and the PO seems to take care of it mechanically. It does need a really really good bath and will take a good amount of cleaning. One of my only concerns is that it was involved in an accident back in 2012 but I will have my body shop look it over before I pull the trigger. Now for the money, I can buy it for 18k which is way back of any book value, the OP was willing to take that because of the accident.

View attachment 1685532 View attachment 1685533 View attachment 1685534 View attachment 1685535

Thanks Josh

You "run" the Toyota dealership?

You "run" the Toyota dealership?

I’m the GSM of our stand alone use car point we sell about 140 cars a month and I handle all day to day operations for the location.

$18k for a 2011? Thats Ford Expedition/GMC Yukon pricing right there! I wish the market were like that!

So did your body shop discover anything?

We looked it over really good yesterday and didn't see anything scary. Looks like the front bumper and one of the head lights was replace, other than that everything looks good!

Josh

I’m the GSM of our stand alone use car point we sell about 140 cars a month and I handle all day to day operations for the location.
Right on, I guess Im just a little surprised you would be asking these types of questions. If you want a 200, and you can get that one for $18k, you should stop talking to us and get the paperwork done! MMR is close to 30k, especially with those wheels! Ive got a Super White 200 on Rock Warriors and Raised White letters facing out too, I like it! :steer:

Right on, I guess Im just a little surprised you would be asking these types of questions. If you want a 200, and you can get that one for $18k, you should stop talking to us and get the paperwork done! MMR is close to 30k, especially with those wheels! Ive got a Super White 200 on Rock Warriors and Raised White letters facing out too, I like it! :steer:

Oh I know its a good deal I was more or less wondering about any problems that come up with the 200's. Even though I've worked for Toyota 10 years now I've still only seen a handful of used LC's come though so everything I know about them it self taught from MUD lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom