How To Find A Companion Connector - Electrical/Stereo/Nakamichi (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

PabloCruise

SILVER Star
Threads
I am trying to figure out if the p/n 90980-11628 has a mating connector.

This p/n may be old. If I am correct, this is the connector that plugs into the Nakamichi stereo found in early LX470s. It would be the 22-pin connector.

Does anyone know how to figure out if there is a companion to this connector?

Thanks All!

Toyota makes a PDF of all of their connectors. They have a male and female version.
https://www.ih8mud.com/tech/pdf/WireHarnessRepairManual/malenonw.pdf
https://www.ih8mud.com/tech/pdf/WireHarnessRepairManual/femalewa.pdf
Keep in mind if you find a connector you are going to need to purchase the pins and crimping tool. You can also check Mouser with the specs and try to find another. I have spent a ton of time tracking down connectors and it is a PITA.

Those PDFs are way cool!
It looks like they do not list any 22-pin options however...

Thank you for pointing me to Mouser, I guess I will have to comb through their catalog if Toyota does not list this...

Toyota makes a PDF of all of their connectors. They have a male and female version.
https://www.ih8mud.com/tech/pdf/WireHarnessRepairManual/malenonw.pdf
https://www.ih8mud.com/tech/pdf/WireHarnessRepairManual/femalewa.pdf
Keep in mind if you find a connector you are going to need to purchase the pins and crimping tool. You can also check Mouser with the specs and try to find another. I have spent a ton of time tracking down connectors and it is a PITA.

I found a different PDF (more pages) that includes 22-pin Female connectors: https://www.ih8mud.com/tech/pdf/WireHarnessRepairManual/femaleno.pdf

Need to try to find the Male version now.

the male ones listed in the toyota connector manual are only the ones that are not circuit board mounts.

Finding a male housing that isn't a PCB mount through hole if it didn't exist in the car in the first place is impossible I think.
I never found any AC or screen plug male- free hanging- housings to match any LX or LC back there. Radio plugs are the exception (metra) I didn't find any mention or pictures anywhere of the 11628. Seems to me someone would have found it online if it was a stereo plug.
It is incredibly difficult to find the right connector to match a toyota part number through amp tyco, te connectivity, mouser, digikey, etc. Seriously, if you can avoid it, do.
What are you trying to do exactly? avoid soldering and or de pinning completely?

plug into a LX470 22-pin stereo connector

which one, the male on the PCB board of the stereo that sticks out, or the female on the car side.

plug into a LX470 22-pin stereo connector

which one, the male on the PCB board of the stereo that sticks out, or the female on the car side.

I was trying to find a male connector that would allow me to wire up an aftermarket head unit to go into the female connector on the vehicle harness.

For some reason Metra never made one - at least not that I have been able to find, now anyone else.

I am fine with crimping on connectors, just need the connector.

Thank you for your help!

just wondered if we were talking about the same thing. if you do find it post a number. I'm sure you're not the only one that would like to have one. Another option is just picking out a 22 or 24 pin, both sides, and using those as your connector.
if you show a picture of the wire I could tell you the terminal size, probably.
txsundevil knows what plugs your talking about, maybe they are 1.0 III?

it would be cool to take all the wires out of the 3 stereo plugs and plug them into one female connector and them the male connector bare wires out to headunit. even better if all the wires had the same terminal on them already.

this is a small two row 24 pin.

male 571-1376103-1
female 571-1318917-1

male terminals 571-1376109-1
female terminals 571-1123343-1

Last edited:
One cool tip is that the corresponding male connector for any female connector is usually one number lower. If you see the right one in the female chart, have a Toyota parts department check availability of the even number just below it.

oops, that one above is 24 pin. I edited the post to reflect that.

Last edited:
One cool tip is that the corresponding male connector for any female connector is usually one number lower. If you see the right one in the female chart, have a Toyota parts department check availability of the even number just below it.

That is cool! So by that logic I would be looking for a 90980-11626?

Thank you!

I am trying to figure out if the p/n 90980-11628 has a mating connector.

This p/n may be old. If I am correct, this is the connector that plugs into the Nakamichi stereo found in early LX470s. It would be the 22-pin connector.

Does anyone know how to figure out if there is a companion to this connector?

Thanks All!

it's an endless rabbit hole.

upload_2018-4-25_6-51-57.png

Im sure it works for some, maybe only ones that are in the car already.

I agree with Jerry. Find a matching set and pins and rewire it so it looks pretty if that is all you are after. You could also just use the Sopoby heat shrink solder joints. They work great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom