Problems with factory alarm/keyless entry (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have tried about everything I can think of and could use some help with the following issues.

My factory alarm goes off whenever I unlock the doors on my land cruiser with my keys.

The key fob will NOT unlock or lock the doors, but the panic feature still works. When the lock button is pushed, nothing happens. When the unlock button is pushed, the car lights flash twice but the doors do not unlock.

Although I think I have the original fabs, I have also tried to program the fabs but cannot get into "program mode."

What works:
- All four doors can be unlocked when inside the vehicle using the unlock button on front door switches.

What I've done:
- replaced all four door actuators. They now all work great. I did not replace the rear hatch actuator as it functions fine
- replaced both front door lock sensors.

I've scoured the forums and can't figure out what to do next. Any help?

I had the same symptoms and it drove me crazy. The car also started to lock and unlock itself while I was driving. I replaced the door lock motors and it didn't help. Everything finally went back to normal once I removed and cleaned the lock sensor in the driver's door. It's the off white-colored sensor that clips onto the back of the cylinder with two wires coming from it. It is accessible when you remove the door panel. Remove it and dissasemble, clean the contacts with electronic cleaner, apply new grease, and reinstall. Hopefully that will do the trick. Try to get to your remaining door lock sensors that you haven't replaced. Check and clean them all.

Thanks for the input. I already replaced the two front door lock sensors (with replacements pulled off a Land Cruiser at Pick and Pull). Where are the sensors on the rear doors? I only saw them on the two front doors. Am I missing something?

Thanks for the input. I already replaced the two front door lock sensors (with replacements pulled off a Land Cruiser at Pick and Pull). Where are the sensors on the rear doors? I only saw them on the two front doors. Am I missing something?

The hatch has one? I thought it did but I never used it. There's also an actuator in the rear hatch if you haven't done that one.

If you've exhausted these options, check the wire harness in the driver door at the hinge. Some people reported damaged wiring in that area because of years of opening and closing.

Reznut - Thank you SO much!

There was a single sensor on the rear latch that had been knocked loose. I never thought to check that one. I simply reconnected the sensor and all my keyless fob functions work flawlessly!

Reznut - Thank you SO much!

There was a single sensor on the rear latch that had been knocked loose. I never thought to check that one. I simply reconnected the sensor and all my keyless fob functions work flawlessly!

Haha awesome!!! I'm just glad I could help. I remember how frustrated I was with the issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom