'07 4 Runner AC Issue (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

John Staton

SILVER Star
Threads
Ok, So I got my son a 4Runner my buddy was going to turn in to a dealer when buying a new car...high miles but got a good deal on it and it was well maintained. The AC started blowing hot air and my son could switch it from hi to lo a few times and it would blow cold again. Now it is not coming on at all. Anyone able to tell me if there is some sort of control module or something like that I could replace to get this fixed myself. I like to spend our car money on my weekend cruiser and not his 4Runner so any advice would be greatly appreciated. 4Runner in the background
FJ60Lift.PNG

I don't have any familiarity with that particular system - but normally AC systems are pretty simple electrically (my stuff is all old - maybe on an 07 there is a computer module. Certainly there is some input/output to the powertrain control module.) I would find a wiring diagram and start to make some checks first. Might be a loose wire, flaky switch, etc.

The good news is that if it runs at all it's likely not a refrigeration problem. (or maybe it was/is leaking and someone dumped a can of freon in there before the trade in and now it's gone?)

Good luck. Awesome Cruiser BTW.

Thanks for the response.....found a 4Runner forum and it is common for the relay to go out...was told you can take it out and hit it on the ground and put it back in and it often works. Did it and low and behold I have cold air. Ordered a new on for good measure. OEM was $60 or order a knockoff from china for $10....went OEM since this fix is so cheap.....now back to my Cruiser :clap:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom