Steering Stabilizer for 37's (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
What's up guys, been a while. So I recently upgraded to 37's and I'm having the infamous death wobble. It only occurs when I'm going down the road between speeds of 25-45mph & only after running over a bump in the road like pothole or something. Otherwise when smooth road driving it's fine. No, I have not taken it to a shop for professional alignment. No, I don't know my caster. My setup is SOA w AAL, C&T done many years ago, never had this problem w 35's. My steering arm stud nuts are tight, check them weekly. TRE's are new, no slop. Axle rebuild done recently w new kingpin & wheel brgs. I installed a OME stabilizer about 3 years ago, haven't checked it's performance yet. Tape measurement toe in is about 1/8-1/4", tough to get exact numbers but it's close. So if I'm SOA, how can I adjust caster? That's pretty much done from the C&T. Is there an oversize stabilizer that offers more resistance than the OME? No, not going to hydro steer. Thanks.
Search thread: Dual Steering Stabiliser

Could it be a balance problem?

AAE9D08F-DA74-4CB2-98AE-CA6A5854B427.jpeg

From here. Some info saved

Last edited:
Usually a steering stabilizer is just masking the real problem, check the items you mentioned , had a jeep on 43’s that I was able to get wobble free mainly with a toe in adjustment and no stabilizer

double post

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom