Anyone beefed up the fuel tank skid? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

nukegoat

Should have bought a Jeep
SILVER Star
Threads
I'm scarring up my stock one pretty good these days - has anyone built something sturdier? I don't mind fabbing but would rather not if someone's already invented something.

Not on an '80, but 4skinners, minis, same type of thing. Take the stock thingy off and weld small, like 3/4" angle to it, running front to rear, the point down, every ~4". Not bomb proof, but significantly stiffens them and is easy.

Not on an '80, but 4skinners, minis, same type of thing. Take the stock thingy off and weld small, like 3/4" angle to it, running front to rear, the point down, every ~4". Not bomb proof, but significantly stiffens them and is easy.
Winning idea

I'm guessing this is our only option due to the lack of replys? I put a (couple) pretty good dents in my tank skid this weekend and would like to do something for the future. It's always the gas tank or rear LCAs for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom