LSPV System Parts Number Clarifications Requested (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So parts guru needed or a lead on one I can call.....just got home from overseas.....all excited to take the LC down to get the exhaust worked on....aaannndd the brake light came on and it turns out my driver rear hardline on the axle where it is mounted at the first clip and the LSPV both blew up and spewed brake fluid all over the cul-de-sac. Luckily it was there and not the highway and good thing I pump my brakes to check them before I drive anywhere. Anyway, short on time. I want to replace the entire LSPV "system". The local parts guys are not helping me as on the schematic it shows two non-descript "packages" and isn't really clear on the contents.

On the schematic it shows the valve itself:
Valve Assy, Load Sensing Proportioning
47910-60090

Then these two guys, which both show the boots but have other misc. parts:
Bush & Boot Kit, Load Sensing Spring
04477 (04477-60010)

Spring Assy, Load Sensing
47920 (47920-60090)

The intent is to replace EVERYTHING (shackles, bolts, nuts, I do mean EVERYTHING on both ends). It seems that 2 of the bracket pieces are NLA, but I may be able to salvage them. It shows the shackle and other misc parts in those kits but again no one knows. They also have the parts listed seperately. My LC has light/moderate rust except for some reason this entire assembly on both ends looks like rust califlower. I don't know what these "kits" include and what would be needed other than what is in them. Since seeing the price on the hardlines I've decided to just replace all of them and the rubber lines as well.

If anyone in the Virginia area has one of those SST's for adjusting this thing per the FSM, I will gladly rent it from you!!! Or anyone willing to mail one........I only have about 10 days to get this beast road worthy again and I have to go back out. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Maybe it is just me, but I don't understand the love of this system. I ditched the ABS and the LSPV and the rig now has great brakes. And yes, I have run both empty and heavy. IMHO, no braking issues at all either way. Way better stopping power than it ever had.

Ditch the lsvp. Just did on a buddies rig. Mines been gone for years. Might have all the parts still sitting behind the shed. It was a West coast rig till 3years ago. All in really good shape

LSPV is important. I don't have ABS on mine nor would want it.

Appreciate all the comments guys! I'm all about making things simply but unfortunately, I don't have time to do anything "custom" and I won't be the one driving it for the next couple of months. Maybe down the road. It's got to stay stock for now.

Yeah quite a few guys are pretty cavalier about disabling Toyota-designed safety features but I’m not that brave. I figure the Toyota engineers knew more about it than I do. To me the potential downside just isn’t worth it. If I were involved in a wreck, I sure wouldn’t want a forensic inspection of my truck revealing that I had disabled a factory-installed safety system. For those that are comfortable with that, more power to ya.

The LSPV is important and should never be removed. What's more important is to maintain the brake fluid system in it's entirity properly. That means not only bleeding, but actually getting all old fluid out of the calipers from below where the flexible hose and bleeder nipple sit. And if the calipers might need a rebuild, rebuilding them. Kits are cheap. I'm currently chasing a brake pedal pulsation issue that I'm suspecting is a problem with a front rotor having too much runout and/or a sticky piston in a caliper.

Good day.. is the lspv part no. 49710-60070 is the same with 49710-60090? Im Having trouble what to use on my hdj80 96model.. the 60070 lsvp was used up to hdj80 92models only.. since my mechanic told me that its ok to use the 60070 parts but im still having doubts.. i dont want to remove the lsvp either.. maybe u can help me out..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom