Pushing My Rigs to the limit(Picture Thread) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I thought I would create a thread where I would upload photos from all the weekends of pushing my 200's to the limit. I will also be reporting all damages and repairs as follows. Follow if interested.

Firstly meet my main rig.

2016 LC200 5.7 V8, By far went through the most abuse of all. 200+ jumps. Went through over 6 different shock brands, coil brands you name it.

Damage Report:

1. CV Joint got destroyed at 30K, Due to the accumulation of sand.
2. Axle destroyed at 34K, Big landing destroyed it. Driver side drum wheel plate also got bent in the process. It was a very big unexpected jump. Had to tow it back.

3. Engine mounts and tranny mounts. Busted over 3 times. Likely due to the forces from all the jumps.

4. Skid plate got bent at 34k aswell.

5. Thats about it, handles abuse like a boss.

Suspension Upgrades:

1. First setup was an Icon stage 5 kit, trailing arms, upper control arms, CDC coilover and a rear shock.

2. Shortly later I realized it was not enough damping so I welded in a secondary bypass shock, ICON aswell.

3. Cancelled the KDSS since small bump compliance was total crap.

4. Still didnt like the compliance over small bump decided to go with a shock that has progressive damping. Went with king 3.0 coilovers and a 3.0 bypass rear (twin bypass), no uptravel at all.

5. Ride height issue due to king not being long enough. Decided to install 2.5 kings from filthymotorsports. And here I am now. ARB bpp51 next.

Forum meet white.

Stance4.png

Last edited:
Clearly you like to hop! :)

مشاء الله

This is an awesome rig you got bro. I always thought white is the most practical color on LC (being biased here).

So now that you went thru many shocks, which is your favorite?

مشاء الله

This is an awesome rig you got bro. I always thought white is the most practical color on LC (being biased here).

So now that you went thru many shocks, which is your favorite?

Thank you.

Well I have two favorites.

1. I appreciate ICON's digressive valving and how they favor a high ride height, it really helps with bottoming control but everything else suffers.

2. I appreciates KING's progressive valving, much more comfortable over washboard roads and medium bumps.

And yes I like white because its very sunny here and it does not show dents as much as other colors. Silver is good too.

Another mudder posted earlier this week about some way to fashion a secondary air filtration for the cabin due to excess dust. Being you live and play in what i magine is a very dusty environment do you have issues with that, if so how do you address such an issue. I enjoy your vehicular acrobatics pics!

Another mudder posted earlier this week about some way to fashion a secondary air filtration for the cabin due to excess dust. Being you live and play in what i magine is a very dusty environment do you have issues with that, if so how do you address such an issue
Not many problems, keep the windows up, recirculate mode on for AC, clean and replace the cabin filter often.

Rock on

Thinking about going to the 18" Stellies, either the ones you had/have or the 5 thick spoke Tundra ones for my 15 LX570. Are you're just the Toyota version or aftermarket?

Do you still have the side steps? Or have you pulled them off? @ToyotaIsLife

Last edited:
On, but the 285/60/18's or slightly larger would essentially be stock size, but a bunch of unsprung weight savings (20" OEM wheels are beasts) depending on the tire.

On, but the 285/60/18's or slightly larger would essentially be stock size, but a bunch of unsprung weight savings (20" OEM wheels are beasts) depending on the tire.
The steelies you see in my setup are 17 inch, they are manufactured by toyota mainly for the 70 series line up. We like them because of their offset position. They are inside meaning extra uptravel, no hitting the body + steel bends unlike alloy. I can just hammer it back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom