Replacement radiator (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anyone used the aluminum CSF radiator. My 94 still has original with 225000 miles. Temps climb some on steep inclines. Thinking I need to either replace it, pull it and run it to the radiator shop to clean it, and replace fan clutch. Leaning towards replacing with CSF radiator and new blue fan clutch.

I'll probably do the t stat and water pump too. Just curious if the CSF radiator is good.

Based on my research, I decided to go OEM as yours is also still original at 225K miles! Mitigating risk. Considered the cheaper Koyo until I discovered they're made in China.

If this is the CSF unit for the FZJ80, I'd be curious to get feedback on whether this copper/brass radiator is worth the extra $120 over a brand new OEM unit. People generally seem to recommend aluminum over copper/brass.

CSF Radiator 2517 - Performance Replacement 16.75 x 28.25 x 2.06 in. Core Size Metal Core Core With Brass Tank Tank, Direct Fit

I ordered one...wasn't that impressed. Many here use them with no problems. I returned it and got an OEM 3 row.

Have had good results with Koyo and TYC. I give the quality edge to Koyo, but the TYC cools better than any of the normal radiators that we have run.

Have you done anything yet? Thinking this may be my next project and I'm looking at the CSF.

I haven't bought a radiator yet. I put a blue fan clutch on it a few weeks ago. And I flushed the coolant yesterday and ran a mix of distilled water with a cup of liquid cascade through it today. Drained it again tonight and got a ton of brown sludge out. Removed the block plug and lower upper radiator hose and flushed the radiator with the water hose until clear then I flushed the block with the plug out through the upper radiator hose until clear. Went ahead and put another cup of cascade in it and topped it off with distilled water. I'll run around town tomorrow and then drain it again. It should be fairly clear tomorrow. If not I may have to go the clr route next. After all of that if it still over heats then I will get a new radiator, water pump, thermostat and belts .I will say that I was skeptical about the liquid cascade radiator cleansing but it appears to have removed a large amount of brown sludge that was in the system and after reading online it appears that it is a common practice.

Since you just did it, can you snap a photo of where the block drain plug is at?

Thanks,
Andrew

Have had good results with Koyo and TYC. I give the quality edge to Koyo, but the TYC cools better than any of the normal radiators that we have run.

Are you seeing any difference in longevity and where are you sourcing them? Thanks!

Are you seeing any difference in longevity and where are you sourcing them? Thanks!

Have had a couple of Koyos die, none of the TYCs, but it could just be the luck of the draw. Rockauto, amazon, local.

Since you just did it, can you snap a photo of where the block drain plug is at?

Thanks,
Andrew
14mm and a couple long extensions.

20180520_130145.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom