Interior window shades for camping (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

mcgaskins

SILVER Star
Threads
I recall last summer a few of you purchased some really cool interior window shades for camping similar to this awesome link: https://global.rakuten.com/en/store/hobbyman/item/prado/

I searched the forum and can't find the thread where it was discussed, but the product was a high quality, well fitting blackout design that I believe stuck to the glass via suction cups. I think @TonyP bought a set, but I could be wrong. Does anyone recall that or have a link to a similar product? I upgraded to an Exped Mega Mat for my last trip and a high-ish end Nemo sleeping bag and slept like a baby. Only thing that would have helped is a little more shade.

That is a great link, and great description of the product: ★ waterproof and blackout privacy sun shades! High efficiency due to change of clothes in the car, theft prevention, and air conditioning in stable! There is no curtain type different from the rail. Simplified by suckers times on simple, easily detachable so anyone can be mounted. Camping, sea, surfing, snowboarding, skiing is a big success!★ product arrival report view to write, trying to get the storage bag in the lottery!

Do any of these options include shades for the front door windows as well ?

Digging around in those links, i found a listing for a full set for 200 from one of their vendors. They also have options that don't' include all the windows. Looks like about $365USD before shipping for full set.

Digging around in those links, i found a listing for a full set for 200 from one of their vendors. They also have options that don't' include all the windows. Looks like about $365USD before shipping for full set.

I ended up with the weathertech ones and they are awesome. $169

I got a quote from SolarScreen today and here are the details:

Prices for a 2021 Toyota Land Cruiser are as follows
  1. Touring Set - All windows behind the front seats/front doors - au$256.00 (RECOMMENDED - Most 4x4 customers choose this configuration)
  1. Cargo Set - In most cases the rear cargo area behind the C-Pillar or second row of seats - au$177.00
  1. Cab Set - Generally the windscreen and front doors - au$227.00
  1. Full Set - All windows, this normally is provided as two bags (Cab & Rear) - au$453.00
Plus $65 for shipping. No Tax outside of Australia however.

All prices are in AUS so pretty good price given the quality and conversion rate. Downside is that they are busy and lead times are roughly 10 weeks to be shipped plus however long it takes to be delivered.

I got a quote from SolarScreen today and here are the details:

Prices for a 2021 Toyota Land Cruiser are as follows
  1. Touring Set - All windows behind the front seats/front doors - au$256.00 (RECOMMENDED - Most 4x4 customers choose this configuration)
  2. Cargo Set - In most cases the rear cargo area behind the C-Pillar or second row of seats - au$177.00
  3. Cab Set - Generally the windscreen and front doors - au$227.00
  4. Full Set - All windows, this normally is provided as two bags (Cab & Rear) - au$453.00
Plus $65 for shipping. No Tax outside of Australia however.

All prices are in AUS so pretty good price given the quality and conversion rate. Downside is that they are busy and lead times are roughly 10 weeks to be shipped plus however long it takes to be delivered.
I have the SolarScreen and they are really good. I originally ordered the Touring Set for the back, worked great on the beach. About 6 months later, I decided to add the Cab Set. Have two bags depending on use case. Alan was great doing business with.

Just placed my order for a full set this morning. They were really nice to work with and easy to order. Will probably be about $400 US if you include shipping and currency exchange fees through Visa. They are 8-10 weeks out so hoping for mid-July delivery, which in Seattle, summer is just getting started around the 4th of July.

Just placed my order for a full set this morning. They were really nice to work with and easy to order. Will probably be about $400 US if you include shipping and currency exchange fees through Visa. They are 8-10 weeks out so hoping for mid-July delivery, which in Seattle, summer is just getting started around the 4th of July.
Following up on this post. Just received the order and the screens are great. Really high quality, specific to your vehicle, washable suction cups, and a 3 year warranty. Company was really easy to deal with and communication was great. While they were being made, it was quiet as they told me what to expect. Got a note from Australian Post once they were completed and shipped and then received tracking notices along the way (left Australia, arrived in US, going through customs, out for delivery) until they were delivered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom