Would a small vacuum leak be obvious? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
While changing an ignition coil in a parking lot in a rush (bad, I know), I snapped off a vacuum nipple on the plastic intake. I glued it back on. This was a few months ago, and honestly I can't remember what kind of glue I used. But if it weren't holding a seal well enough, would I know? I haven't had any rough running/idle problems.

I'll eventually get a replacement intake portion, but it's low on the priority list if my repair is working fine.

Mine threw codes with an unconnected line once. Can't be too expensive to buy some replacement hoses and nipples at Autozone to do it right.

I'm not sure what you mean, but of I weren't going to replace the intake part, I think I'd have to buy the right tap size, tap the plastic, and screw in a brass threaded vacuum nipple.

If there's a better way of doing it I'd be glad to try it.

Last edited:
Ah, I understand now. You broke a nipple from the air box that connects to the air filter housing?

Exactly which “vacuum nipple” did you break off? Red, blue, green, none of the above?

3FEDD490-87DD-4CEB-9A2F-AC61937C22CD.jpeg

I believe that’s part of your pressure control system. If it is in fact leaking I assume it can cause the same symptoms of a leaking PCV. Unfortunately that air intake ductwork is all one piece IIRC so depending on where you broke it, that will kinda determine whether you will need a whole new intake or not. If you broke it in the middle or just chipped part of the end off, then I would recommend attempting to repair it with JB Weld and some type of mesh embedded in the glue wrapping all the way around it. Sand the inside once it has set so the air can flow through unobstructed. If you broke it at the base where it’s formed into the intake then you’re kinda screwed....I say either way you might want to consider a new intake. It’s pn#17875-50190

Thanks, that's helpful.

edit: daaaaaaaaaamn that's more expensive that I thought ($300+).

It broke off at the base. I think I'll try tapping it. Or keeping my eye on the parting-out posts.

Check around ebay. Do a search for "100 series land cruiser" or uzj100" and you'll find all kinds of used parts and/or part outs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom