OEM Rear Tire Carrier (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I notice on cruiserparts.net there is an OEM rear tire carrier for the 100 series, along with an "inner reinforcement structure," together running $1000, which is pretty much the price of a rear bumper. I am wondering if anyone has this setup on their US Spec 100 series, if it is even possible. I like the idea of being able to carry a tire on the rear, without the weight of a bumper.

Rear Tire Carrier

Reinforcement

I'd like to see a decent aftermarket bumper with a tire carrier that costs $1,000.00.

I really like the idea of getting the tire out from under the truck without having to add 200 lbs. with a Slee or Dissent bumper. I plan on using the 100 for a road trip across the U.S. with trail use, but won't be needing the protection of a steel rear bumper. I love how the JDM Cruisers are able to run a winch with an OEM front bumper as well. Saves a lot of weight I bet!

Best tire carrier out there...
E1BEF42D-BC24-4303-B4A7-E78E7647868A.jpeg
0469C674-F59B-4513-A930-B5D2FC6BBB44.jpeg
49CC75FE-82EE-40FF-8DAD-3CB1804878DE.jpeg
197CDA10-563A-4313-AFA7-1FCF9AA0B1CD.jpeg

@BEG my fully inflated Spare fits just fine. Gotta finese the drive side Hook for chaings when towing but no issues. 285/75

Great pics. Did you get a non-NA spec tailgate also? And, from what I can gather, larger than stock spares don't fit with the stock bumper?

I did source the JDM lower tailgate as well. It was worth it to me to have the oem offset plate holder.
35” tire fit no problem with stock bumper and carrier.

Good to know. Any info on installation of the backing plates for the carrier?

I couldn’t tell you about installing the oem backing plate as I fabricated my own.
I think I’m going on three years with a 35” tire mounted on it and haven’t had a single issue with the mount. The rear corner of thrucks are stout.

Reactions: BEG
Awesome photos. So to complete the whole setup you'd need the tire carrier, backing plate?, non-US spec lower tailgate, and license plate mount hardware... which comes with the non-US spec tailgate? Seems like now we're getting into the realm of $1500-2000.

does the JDM tailgate have a latch for the tire carrier? Just trying to see how the carrier gets locked in place.

cruiser parts is only a copy but the reinforcement says it's toyota OEM.
Yes. There is also a rubber stop/mount that bolts to the upper tailgate. With that, the latch and the two pivots giving you 4 points of contact, it makes for a sound mount with absolutely no rattle.

So he extended his OEM carrier to sit further in the center?

I may be getting around to the 100 series version of my swing out this summer after I get an 80 series batch done.

Here it is on the ole 80
IMG_6193.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom