Who in Here Actually Uses Their 3rd Row Seat(s)? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I keep the passenger side in the truck as I will use that as a base for my sleeping platform and I haven't had the driver side in in a few years. I have used the third row for people on occasion, I always apologize to whoever is in the back for the poor leg room.

I bought my 80 BECAUSE it has third row seats. 5 kids and two adults don't fit in a 4Runner. :crybaby:

Now that I've owned an 80, I realize I should have got one years ago, for reasons other than the third row. :steer:

Same, but coming from a jeep type vehicle and one less kid. Seats come out when on solo or less passenger trips. Go back in once home.

I use mine all the time since I've got 4 kids and a dog that need to be in there in addition to me and my wife.
IMG_3134.JPG

:rofl::rofl::lol::hillbilly:
IMG_3176.JPG

Mine get used quite often. 4 kids at home under age 7 and the older 2 pick the back every time. Just getting all the seats recovered in neopreme(neoprene) and adding heaters to the fronts. So tempted to see about adding some to the rears as well.

PO included them uninstalled with a bag full of hardware. They are in storage now. In theory I could install them, but I've got a drawer/fridge setup.

Actually, the inclusion of the 3rd row is one of my main gripes with the 80 series. I wish they would have just designed it with two rows such that the front and 2nd rows actually had enough leg room for tall adults. My 97 Outback has more 1st and 2nd row space than my 97 LC does, which is mind blowing given the size of the LC.

I use mine if the kids have friends over or we have family visiting.

My kids also like to ride in "limo-mode" where we fold up the 2nd row and then they ride in the 3rd row like they are in the back of a limo.

I can't see taking them out except maybe temporarily for hauling gear.

Has anyone found a way to flip the mounts around so the 3rd row seats face the rear? I think rear-facing 3rd row would be awesome, especially since the hatch/gate can be opened from the inside

Hell if anyone wants a set i got a set in Atlanta that will be happy to find a new home.

I think they would make a pretty neat couch in a garage. Mine are in Attic currently.
I replaced them with 11" drawers that fit a Twin mattress perfect with 2nd row folded flat.
I had visons of "Stabbin Cabin" or "Shaggin Wagon" but in reality it's only been used to pass out when I drank too much.....Solo.

Finally! Someone mentioned using for a couch. I’ve had mine out of the truck and stored for years , thinking about turning them into chairs. That may actually happen this summer.

mine take up space in the garage tried to sell them once but no buyers even at a cheap price of 50 bucks for the pair, see them on craigs list for 250. but thinking he never sold those either since they are always there.

Thanks for the input. Hmm...the metal bar is connected, and the latch points seem to be lined up with the strikers on mine. Maybe I need to slam them down harder :D
Sometimes if you have an extra factory carpet in the back, it won't latch.

I had to remove mine to allow it to close because there was too much interference.

Used mine 1 time to haul my daughter and her husband around looking for a place to eat had her father in law in the back too. with my younger 2 and son in law in the middle. yanked those bitche$ out soon after and put in a spare tire carrier on drivers side. Me likey much better that way.

Don't have them, never wanted them and frequently bump my knees on the attachment points when crawling around in the back :mad: Heck, I haven't even had the 2nd row in for about 6 months.

I use mine both up and down. 3 kids and their little buddies makes seat space a premium at times so the 3rd row comes in handy.

It also stabilizes a Stokes rescue basket nicely when folded down. Just sayin...;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom