New 200 Series Owner; Need PM recommendations (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I drive a 99 100 series, but just picked up a 200 series for my wife. Got 2010 1-owner Texas rust free truck with good service records. It has 170k miles and has never been off road. Was owned by an older gentleman that used it as his company vehicle. LC is in great shape and drives like a new truck.

Oil was changed every 5k. Recent maintenance was new spark plugs at 120k, valve cover gaskets done at 125k, and new Front/Rear rotors plus brake pads done at 135k.

I plan on baslining all fluids first (oil, brake fluid, power steering fluid, Front/Rear Diff, T-case, and transmission fluid exchange.

Here is my list of PM Items so far. Any insight or recommendations is appreciated:

New Radiator and cap
New Radiator Hoses
New Thermostat and Gasket
New heater Hoses

New serpentine belt
New Tensioner
New idler pulley

New Water Pump
New Water Pump Pulley

New PCV Valve

New Fuel Filter

New Fan Clutch
New Fan Pulley

Repack Front wheel bearings

Clean throttle body

Torque shaft bolts

Grease drive shafts

Maybe new stater

Maybe new alternator

Boots and Bushings look really good. Not sure about replacing shocks/struts at this point. They are original according to my records.

Plan is to keep it stock for wife/kids for now . Just want to do necessary PM to keep them safe and sound.

Thanks in advance for insight and recommendations. It is appreciated!

I think you have it all covered. That's a pretty comprehensive list.

The big ones are the water pump, starter motor, and for the 2008-2010 models the radiator.

I plan on baslining all fluids first (oil, brake fluid, power steering fluid, Front/Rear Diff, T-case, and transmission fluid exchange.

Here is my list of PM Items so far. Any insight or recommendations is appreciated:

New Radiator and cap
New Radiator Hoses
New Thermostat and Gasket
New heater Hoses

New serpentine belt
New Tensioner
New idler pulley

New Water Pump
New Water Pump Pulley

New PCV Valve

New Fuel Filter

New Fan Clutch
New Fan Pulley

Repack Front wheel bearings

Clean throttle body

Torque shaft bolts

Grease drive shafts

Maybe new stater

Maybe new alternator

Boots and Bushings look really good. Not sure about replacing shocks/struts at this point. They are original according to my records.

Plan is to keep it stock for wife/kids for now . Just want to do necessary PM to keep them safe and sound.

Thanks in advance for insight and recommendations. It is appreciated!

That’s it? :D Very comprehensive list, and to be honest probably overkill. Should be more than enough to keep it on the road for a LONG time!

Find the KDSS valves on the driver’s side frame under the rear seat door and wire brush them and grease them up good. Don’t loosen them. Pics are in other threads on here if needed. Sounds like you found a nice truck.

I've owned my 2010 with 162k for a few weeks and have been working my way through a very similar list. So far I've done spark plugs, valve cover gasket, radiator, thermostat, fan clutch, water pump, tensioner, idler pulley, belt, hoses, coolant flush, throttle body cleaning, air and cabin filters.

I dont see oxygen sensors and MAF on your list which I plan to do soon.

Also, thanks to reading this forum found my tires were under inflated by 10psi (using the tire rating for vehicle weight rather than the sticker on the door).

Also found my skid plate has 5 bolts where there should be 18 as well as lots of body panel clips are missing. I found this strange as my LC has every service record for oil changes at a dealership and the PO said he never did any work himself. I guess the dealership techs were lazy and didn't replace dropped and broken fasteners over the years.

Last edited:
Also, from what I've read on here, if your 200 is from the US it doesn't really have the traditional fuel filter that would be replaced as part of maintenance. Others outside the US do have the traditional fuel filter mounted on the frame... or so the experts on here have said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom