Info needed in Charlotte (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys I'm needing some info regarding Charlotte. My 21 yoa daughter just found out that she will be based out of there as a FA with American Airlines. We have no family in he area so I thought that I would turn to the Cruiser family. She will be looking for a decent little garage apartment for herself or possibly a four bedroom to share with three other FAs. We have no idea what areas to avoid and what areas to look in. Obviously she wants to be as close as possible to CLT for easy commute. She'll probably also crash some of yalls meetings like she's been doing LSLC. Thanks in advance.

This may not be the one i was looking for but theres a few hints in here for one of our members that reloccated to clt just a couple years ago.

Goodbye Raleigh.....hello Charlotte

Pm me. There is a AA employee that is my customer that has something like you are looking for. If not he should be able to point her on the right direction. As long as she stays on the east side of south blvd that is fine. The closes to tge airport woodlawn and tyvola. There are new developments on west blvd but the area is not the greatest. Also have a friend that is renting a house on park and woodlawn. I think he is in the $1800 but two or three people can live in it. Good luck

Plenty of garage apartment complexes along Tyvola Rd between Nations Ford Rd and Yorkmont Rd. Good area too. The communities that come to mind are: Ansley Falls, Tyvola Centre, City Park View and The Pointe. All these are apartment complexes and all are a 5 minute drive to the Airport.

Depends on her age. All the 20somethings want to live downtown. I mean UPTOWN.

There are decent apartments everywhere now. The Southpark area would be my choice, but I'm biased.

I moved to Charlotte when I was 23, now 34. I lived in the UNCC area when I moved here and if I had to do it again I would look in the following neighborhoods. Dilworth, Elizabeth, Southend, NODA, or Plaza Milwood. Southpark, Meyers Park, Ballantyne are all very nice, but set up for an older crowd. The areas I would avoid are west of 77, and the "wedge" north of 74 and sound of 29 (except for NODA and Plaza Millwood).

I moved to Charlotte when I was 23, now 34. I lived in the UNCC area when I moved here and if I had to do it again I would look in the following neighborhoods. Dilworth, Elizabeth, Southend, NODA, or Plaza Milwood. Southpark, Meyers Park, Ballantyne are all very nice, but set up for an older crowd. The areas I would avoid are west of 77, and the "wedge" north of 74 and sound of 29 (except for NODA and Plaza Millwood).

Agreed.

southside is a happening place for the millennial crowd

She will be looking for a decent little garage apartment for herself or possibly a four bedroom to share with three other FAs
As in "apartment complex offering garages for parking" or "converted garage/basement/attic"? As others have said, Charlotte is full of pretty new apartment buildings. Mixed Use is the trendy word they all throw around now.

Obviously she wants to be as close as possible to CLT for easy commute
I'm gonna assume that you're using CLT as the airport code instead of the city regarding location? This would open up Ayrsley Village and the Steele Creek area, and that's pretty darn close to the airport, too.

Oh, and she'll be welcomed warmly at any meeting or event.

Last edited:
@Fireman hey man hope this means you’ll be coming to visit from time to time! 60 is yours to drive whenever you visit.

Tell Heather to make sure to drop in we’re alittle over an hour and a half from Charlotte but she’s always welcome to come by!

If wanting to live by the airport check out just north west of there. Where I lived in Charlotte would be great. 5 minutes to the airport even with traffic. Also just across the boarder in Mt Holly would be cheaper and also very nice for young people. Getting from that side of town to Uptown and Noda (normal hangouts for people on the younger side) is nothing also the roads going that way in the evening and weekends so never have traffic. Also being right by the whitewater center and just about all the Mt biking trails and Mt Island lake it was great for activities without having to fight with the traffic on the east and south part of the city.

I also lived in an apartment near South Park when I first moved there and the location was nice but the traffic was terrible even my wife's 4 block commute could take 20 minutes sometimes. That and housing prices and rental prices doubled and tripled in that area compared to the area I owned a house in.

@Fireman hey man hope this means you’ll be coming to visit from time to time! 60 is yours to drive whenever you visit.

Tell Heather to make sure to drop in we’re alittle over an hour and a half from Charlotte but she’s always welcome to come by!

I bet that we'll be out there a little bit! Can't wait to see Wyatt and little Bailey.

Thanks for all of the suggestions. I will be passing them on to her. Kaderabek is trying to find some stuff for her as well. When I'm out we will all have to grab a beer or try to get to one of yalls meetings.

I bet that we'll be out there a little bit! Can't wait to see Wyatt and little Bailey.

Thanks for all of the suggestions. I will be passing them on to her. Kaderabek is trying to find some stuff for her as well. When I'm out we will all have to grab a beer or try to get to one of yalls meetings.

If Todd's on the Hunt i'll bet he will suggest the first house next to the white water center since he is practically out there every weekend. lol

Well she and her fellow FAs ended up renting an apartment in Yorkmont. I really appreciate all the help. I should be down there the weekend of the 28th to move her in. Looks like yall are having a big event that weekend so I'll try to catch some of yall on the next trip out.

Well she and her fellow FAs ended up renting an apartment in Yorkmont. I really appreciate all the help. I should be down there the weekend of the 28th to move her in. Looks like yall are having a big event that weekend so I'll try to catch some of yall on the next trip out.

If you need help let me know I might be able to come out early depending on work.

I may also be down in that area to stop by the relic run may be able to just come by and catch up for a min.

Not too far from where my apartment was off of woodlawn. That neighborhood has changed a lot over 10 years.

@WhiteTiger911 we may have to run out there and see them at the Relic run.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom