Distributor Clamp with Two Bolts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just bought a 6/72 FJ40 and it has the F engine number label. I searched the forum but couldn't find my answer so... why does my distributor mount point have two threaded holes while the OEM distributor clamp for this year only has one (single sided)? I found an example of a clamp on eBay (should be uploaded below) that had two holes so I don't understand why the OEM versions only have one hole. I would think it would be more secure with a two hole clamp but I can't find them online.

Thanks!
-FJ Newbie

IMG_9163.jpg

clamp.jpeg

two hole clamp.jpeg

Welcome.

The two bolt clamp is the old design.

One bolt clamp will work just fine.

If the bolt is secure and the distributor is installed properly, where is the clamp going to go?

:beer:

Well, that explains it. I thought I might have the wrong clamp. I’m still trying to get the damp distributor to seat correctly...

As you’ve probably read, if you don’t fully seat the dissy the tip won’t turn the oil pump. When you think you’ve seated it you can unscrew the oil sender to see if oil is pumping. It is on the drivers side of the block just above the oil pan. Disconnect the big wire that connects coil to center of dizzy cap, then have someone crank engine over while you watch for oil to squirt from sender hole. You can squirt oil in spark plug holes for precautionary lube.

You can squirt oil in spark plug holes for precautionary lube.

These are not two-stroke engines...oiling the piston will do nothing to lubricate the main bearings, rod bearings, camshaft bearings, camshaft, timing gears or rocker shafts and arms.

:meh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom