bezel color suggestions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Besides white the on my Toy bezel has been cast iron and is now hammer-tone silver.

Duplicolor has a wheel paint that looks similar to the original color on the gage cluster and glove box door. I might try that next.

Dupli-color Silver Charcoal Metallic on the right clip and Pewter on the left, with a new OEM bumper below. However, neither of these two colors are a very close match to the bumper's Toyota Ash Grey Metallic. I did use the Silver Charcoal Metallic for my gauge cluster, fuel evap cover and rear heater restorations.

img_3146-jpg.1158999

Where did you find the silver charcoal metallic? I think I'll go with that.

Dupli-color Silver Charcoal Metallic on the right clip and Pewter on the left, with a new OEM bumper below. However, neither of these two colors are a very close match to the bumper's Toyota Ash Grey Metallic. I did use the Silver Charcoal Metallic for my gauge cluster, fuel evap cover and rear heater restorations.

Toyota ash gray metallic (T145) isn’t all that close to the OEM parts, either.

Never mind, found it. It's a 1983 Camry color.

And also shares the same name as the Landcruiser trim color.

The problem is that the parts being sold by Toyota (bumpers, mirrors, etc...) aren’t the greatest match to T145. According to old literature, the original code is T1434, but I don’t think anybody’s found a manufacturer that has a formula.

A91F9F69-2DA0-4097-9101-E5733A6E89C6.jpeg

Thanks for the info, I'll try my local PPG dealer tomorrow.

Thanks for the info, I'll try my local PPG dealer tomorrow.

PPG doesn’t provide a formula for T1434. They do have a formula for T145, but it lacks that tiny but of Golden hue of the OEM color.

CAJ, below is my original gauge cluster with the OEM paint on the housing. It is currently laying under some bubble wrap in my storage bin.
img_4638-jpg.1496420

Below is the gauge cluster that is currently in my rig, with the housing painted with the Duplicolor silver charcoal metallic.
img_1276-jpg.1496421

Looks pretty darn close to me. I asked where because I usually deal with O'rileys but they didn't have it. I'll try the other places.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom