SRS Red Airbag Light (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My SRS light will not go out and continues to flash.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Does the airbag SRS system follow the same diagnosis as the ABS?

Have you tried resetting via the diagnostic port yet, see if there's really an issue?

I had mine light up & reset it to see, that was ~decade ago & never had it come back on.

Have you tried resetting via the diagnostic port yet, see if there's really an issue?

I had mine light up & reset it to see, that was ~decade ago & never had it come back on.

This. I took my whole steering wheel and airbag system apart (every yellow connector I could get to), and ended up just clearing the light from the Diagnostic box. I think mine was activated when the PO had the front seats worked on.

Does the airbag SRS system follow the same diagnosis as the ABS?
No, the procedures for both are in the FSM. I'd post it for you, but I have no idea what year manual to use.

Maybe put that in your signature?

Thanks, the issue is the garage cannot communicate with the system through the ODB reader. The vehicle is a 1997 Land Cruiser.

Thanks, again.

Thanks, the issue is the garage cannot communicate with the system through the ODB reader. The vehicle is a 1997 Land Cruiser.

Thanks, again.
What shop is it at? You might need to just go get it, and troubleshoot it at home. That way if you find something you don't want to deal with, at least you'll know what it is. Sent you a PM.

^^^^^ Same thing. My light came on for no apparent reason a few years ago. Did the 'reset' procedure and it went off and has never come back on again.

Thanks, again.

I don't have my FSM right in front of me, but I swear the SRS has its' own chapter.

The procedure is real simple & involved a scrap wire or paperclip to jumper 2 terminals, for a fairly precise period like 3-5seconds.

If you DL that linked FSM, you can at least reset it for free/yourself - then take it from there & see if it continues to see a fault.

I didn't click the link for Corrolla fix, but also so we're talking apples-apples - the diagnostic port is on the passenger & engine side of the firewall, about 6" inboard & labeled on the dustcap. Black cap, 1"x1.5" l&w.
The OBD2 port under the dash is not used in any way for this.
HTH.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom